FUGA is a leading digital music distribution platform headquartered in the centre of Amsterdam. We are looking for a creative and organised individual to join our Marketing & Promotions department.
FUGA’s Global Marketing & Promotions team build out tailored music marketing campaigns across digital platforms. The Design and Content Manager is a pivotal role within the team, responsible for the creation of visual and written assets to empower and amplify FUGA’s marketing activities. This can include digital advertising assets, B2B newsletters and pitching materials.
You will also provide creative support to the wider FUGA company for client presentations and creative assets.
Your key tasks are to:
• Design and produce visual marketing materials and templates for the Global Marketing & Promotions team, including one-sheets, campaign reports and advertising assets.
• Adapt existing visual assets for use across multiple digital platforms.
• Manage the content and sending of FUGA’s regular email newsletters.
• Copy-edit text used across marketing materials, including pitch lines and campaign one-sheets.
• Manage the presentation of artist profiles across digital platforms.
• Monitor visual creative trends across marketing campaigns (both music-specific and wider executions), and share regular updates with the team and external clients.
• Work to streamline internal content production & design processes to maximise efficiency and quality of output, including defining/creating style guides when needed.
• Support other departments at FUGA with design and copy-editing related tasks and projects, including client presentations and brand marketing materials.
Who you are:
You are a creative and visually oriented person with a love for design, art and music. You have a keen proactive interest in everything that goes on in these exciting industries.
Core requirements and characteristics we’d like to see:
• Bachelor degree related to design and/or arts
• 3 years professional experience in the creative industries
• Confidence in managing own projects, working directly with stakeholders on requirements and deliverables
• Experience with authoring software for images, audio and video, such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
• A passion for, and a depth of knowledge of music across multiple genres
• A creative thinker and team player
• Permitted to work in the Netherlands
• Fluent English speaker
It would be great if you also have:
• Experience with HTML5, CSS and Mailchimp
• Prior experience in copywriting or editing
• Professional experience in working across music-related campaigns
Who we are:
• A close-knit, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions;
• An international business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech;
• An egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities;
• Part of a dynamic industry: technology, media and entertainment.
FUGA is a company that operates at the heart of the music industry with impressive clients including Domino Records, V2 Records, Fire Records, Hospital Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, STMPD RCRDS, Curb Records, Armada Music, Epitaph and more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, YouTube Music and more. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue. FUGA has its head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Applicants should include relevant examples of their creative work (digital design, copywriting) or a portfolio with their application.
Are you looking for an exciting job in the music industry?
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform headquartered in Amsterdam, are currently looking to grow its content team.
Together with other enthusiastic Content Managers, you are responsible for the quality of digital releases, which are being sent to digital service providers (Spotify, iTunes, etc.) worldwide. You will be responsible for checking the quality of, editing and researching musical releases from our clients in accordance with the expected criteria.
• An easygoing, informal working atmosphere
• An enthusiastic team working in a growing company with strong
• An international business environment, colleagues and clients around
the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech
• Healthy and tasty lunches
• You have an eye for detail
• You are customer oriented
• You are fluent in English (other languages a big + )
• You have communicative skills on an international level
• You have affinity with the online music industry
• You work well in a team
Does this sound like music to your ears? Please apply now!
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform, is currently looking for a Group Controller; a crucial role in our Finance and staff departments. The staff departments headquartered in Amsterdam consists of a CFO, Group Controller, Assistant Controller, two Administrators, the HR Manager and the Corporate legal team.
The vacant Group Controller position is within the Finance & Business control team at Fuga’s headquarters in Amsterdam. The controller will be in close contact with the legal-, HR and finance departments, and the financial departments of the various operations of Fuga around the globe. The position requires strong analytical, communication and presentation skills in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
• Monthly consolidation of Group numbers
• Preparing board pack; comments and explanations to the financial numbers
• Guiding financial team from an accounting and reporting perspective
• Forecasting and budgeting Group numbers
• Prepare statutory and bank reporting
• Review and analysis of balance sheet positions
• Prepare Group Cash-flow statements and forecasts
• Lead and initiate the improvements in group control and planning cycle
• Knowledge base for accounting and reporting treatment
• Preparation and review of departmental and subsidiary reporting together with central and local operational and financial management
• In depth sales and cost of sales analysis supporting commercial departments and sales teams.
• Assess risk and opportunities in subsidiary forecasts
• Initiate improvements in subsidiary reporting and local business improvement projects
• Assist local financial management in complex financial reporting tasks
• Support of non-organic growth initiatives, due diligences and review of new business initiatives
• Improve companywide understanding of cash flow- and working capital management
• At least 8 year experience in financial accounting
• Interest and affinity with both financial and business control
• Affinity with music business
• Experience of operating in an international environment is a pre
• University degree in business economics (or related study)
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong modeling skills
• Strong presentation skills, to make financials understandable for a non-financial environment
• Can do attitude
• Fluent in English and preferably good skills in other languages
Who we are
• Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions;
• International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech;
• Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities;
• Part of a dynamic industry: technology, media and entertainment.
About FUGA Founded in 2006, FUGA builds software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Los Angeles, Korea and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Spinnin' Records, Armada Music, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue.
We are looking to hire a Team Lead for our ‘Trends’ team.
Do you want to to do more than just the same old Application Server data-in-data-out? FUGA is looking for talented developers to join our backend team. In addition to Java 8, Spring, Hibernate and MySQL you will also work with Docker, ElasticSearch, BigQuery within the context of a high-available cloud environment.
Maintain and extend FUGAs music distribution platform, a digital music content management and workflow pipeline system distributing millions of albums per month to stores like iTunes and Spotify.
Primarily work on our big data analytics product ‘Trends’, providing business intelligence to music labels, with data from both online music stores and social media.
Lead a small Scrum team with autonomy and freedom in making decisions. Drive new features for FUGA from end to end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iteration.
Work within a product company, using modern technologies, diving deep into technical problems, writing clean code and doing things right.
Informal working environment in the canal district of Amsterdam.
Competitive package, flexible working hours.
A talented, senior Java software developer with a solid background in Computer Science and at least 8 years of relevant experience.
Bold and curious, not scared of new technologies and with a constant desire to learn, grow, teach, lead and improve.
A well rounded software engineer that thrives within a product company, and enjoys the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps.
Team Lead / People management experience.
Experience with at least two of the following: Docker, ElasticSearch, Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment, ELK, Jenkins.
A passion for music.
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform headquartered in Amsterdam, is currently looking for a part time Account Manager to support our growing client base in the Japan (based in Tokyo). You will be the first point of contact for record labels and online music services that use our software to distribute music.
What you do
In addition to being a front-facing liaison with partners and clients, your responsibilities will include investigating, solving, and escalating issues within our client services team. Main components of job are:
Be a point of contact for our clients and digital service providers in Japan.
Train those new Japanese clients in using the FUGA system.
Guide them in migrating their back catalogue to the FUGA system.
Investigate, troubleshoot, and (where possible) solve technical and content related issues.
Provide email and phone support.
Escalate issues appropriately and communicate effectively with internal teams.
Create support documentation, training guides and procedures in Japanese and English.
Test software improvements and bug fixes.
Who you are
You are tech savvy, communicative and have experience dealing directly with customers. Some of the core qualities and capabilities we feel are required for this role are:
Two or more years of experience in a client facing support role.
Independent worker / thinker / planner.
Excellent Japanese and English skills – written and spoken.
Motivated to develop ones skill base.
Analytical and investigative.
Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Organized and comfortable tracking and prioritizing multiple issues.
Able to work under (time) pressure.
Comfortable working in an AGILE environment.
We would be thrilled to have someone that is passionate about music and has a firm understanding of digital supply chain operations. So please make sure to mention if any of this describes you:
Have music industry experience in digital operations
Know how FUGA or a similar music delivery platform works.
Understand music metadata issues.
Knowledge of the digital music consumer landscape.
Are passionate about music.
Who we are
Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions.
International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech.
Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities.
Part of a dynamic industry: music & technology.
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Los Angeles, Korea and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Armada Music , Spinnin’s Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and many more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.