What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Our Director Product Strategy & Operations reports to the CPO and facilitates strategy development, planning and communication. This senior leader partners with the executive team, business GMs, heads of Product and Engineering to ensure we’re sailing smoothly and reliably through our many complex work streams. Key areas of ownership are:
Your mission in this role:
- Drives the development of our Product strategy
- Owns the annual and quarterly planning process, cross-functional alignment
- Communicates this plan effectively across the organization.
- Manages tracking and reporting of all major initiatives. Anticipates and removes blockers that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Collaborative partner to Engineering, Product, Design and Business leaders. Leads cross-functional meetings and streams of work with multiple stakeholders and ensures alignment on goals, value and timelines.
- You’ll be a key partner to the CPO and the Product Leadership Collective ensuring that all trains are running effectively.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience or experience in an operational leadership role or 2+ years of post MBA experience at a consumer internet company
- You’re able to operate with limited direction and guidance, quickly and independently assessing situations and identifying inefficiencies or operational contentions.
- Thought leader in program management and agile approaches.
- Extensive experiences in leading project managers, product managers and agile coaches.
- You are business-minded and commercially oriented but come from a strong consumer product ilk. You’re obsessed about the customer and figuring out how to sustainably and pragmatically deliver value.
- You’re rigorous and quantitative about all efforts you’re involved in. You’re hands-on about analyzing data.
- You’re outcomes oriented and extremely organized.
- You’re an excellent communicator and relationship builder. You effectively drive multiple diverse groups to ambitious goals and you make that fun. You are crisp in your language and message providing clarity and disambiguating
- You demonstrate commitment to high standards and a diverse workplace.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.