We are seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to join our Product Development team responsible for developing our award winning audio applications and plugins, for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it - we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
Qualified applications should have in-depth knowledge of software development and test methodologies and demonstrable experience leading and managing software development teams in a cross-functional, collaborative, agile environment. The ideal candidate would have a passion for audio/music technology, prior experience with audio plugins and/or virtual instruments and be familiar with trends in the audio industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of C++ developers from entry level through senior, including hiring, coaching, career development and performance management.
- Engineering Release Manager responsibilities for one or more product releases from concept to customer ship within a fast paced Agile environment. Activities include: scoping work, coordinating between functions, reporting status to the executive team, blocking and tackling, steering and context setting, and facilitating conflict and problem resolution.
- Providing technical and strategic direction, and supporting the care and feeding of our shared, cross-platform architecture and code base, with an eye toward maintainability, future extensibility and the ability to rapidly iterate.
- Being an agile practitioner, including promoting behaviors of self-organizing teams, valuing design thinking, continuous process improvement and coaching on agile methodology and practices as needed.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS degree a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience developing, motivating, retaining and managing high-performance software development teams. Coaching, servant-leader and collaborative mindset.
- 3 or more years managing cross-functional agile software projects. Agile or coaching certification (CSM, CTC, etc.) desired.
- Experience developing and delivering cross-platform production-quality desktop software written in C/C++
- Exceptional software engineering and architecture skills, designs for quality, expert problem solver, strong analytical skills. Solid understanding of design patterns, software frameworks, performance optimization, unit testing approaches and test-driven development
- Results, customer and quality-oriented with strong organizational and software project leadership skills
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling positive process change. Long-term thinker and able to set and align the team and broader organization on decisions, technical vision and innovative solutions.
- Decisive, self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn new technologies and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with other Developers, QA, Product Managers, UX Designers, Sound Designers
- Exposure to or direct experience with real-time and offline digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and technology
- Experience using and/or developing real-time audio and/or video performance and production software or hardware
- Experience with mobile application development or continuous delivery of web/cloud solutions a plus
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.