We are looking for an AV Support Engineer to join our expanding Americas Workplace Services team.
The Global Workplace Services (GWS) team focuses on the global expansion and support of our rapidly growing business. We create spaces and services that bring Spotify’s culture and values to life – from designing thoughtful workplaces for our employees to thrive, to delivering innovative services that make Spotify a great place to work.
The GWS Americas AV Engineer is a key player on ensuring Spotify AV design guidelines are clearly communicated to external AV consultants / vendors as requirements for the design, ensuring the delivery and testing fully comply with Spotify needs, bringing innovations to Spotify as well sharing lessons learned with other AV Engineers globally.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in a regional team, with lead responsibility for the AV workstream in the upcoming Spotify new Workplaces projects in Americas
- You will help coordinate and plan the teams work when needed as a senior member of the team and will serve as an escalation point for the IT Support team
- You will work closely with IT project managers and IT / AV external consultants
- You will design, build and maintain global technical solutions for meeting rooms, common areas, lounges and digital signage
- You will lead AV solution designs delivery for future Spotify offices and provide handover to IT Support team / training sessions for use of equipment internally on an as-needed ongoing basis. You will also build support training material for internal use
- You will proactively handle issues when they arise and follow through to assure completion
- You will assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- You will measure infrastructure and technology performance using appropriate tools and techniques and you will report and escalate to management as needed
- You will successfully handle the relationships with the client and all partners
- You will establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- You will build and maintain comprehensive technical documentation
- You will recommend improved workflows to better processes and efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as an AV Infrastructure Engineer and a proven record of success delivering AV systems to tech companies
- You have an advanced knowledge in AV system setups, signal flows, etc.
- You are experienced in DSP programming
- You have a basic to advanced knowledge of programming control systems
- You are knowledgeable in advanced film cameras and functionality. You are able to set-up advanced cameras as well as knowledge of sound recording and lighting set-ups.
- You have experience with presentation spaces maintenance and troubleshooting and a familiarity with set-up for events, maintaining kit and troubleshooting live. You are comfortable with different inputs and technical solutions available.
- You have knowledge of videoconferencing infrastructure. For example, H.264 protocols, codecs, solutions on the market and monitoring.
- You have basic IT skills such as remote desk, security and password management, digital archiving, and ticketing systems (such as JIRA). Documentation skills are required for this role.
- You are open to experimenting with new technology and solutions and constantly challenge the status quo
- You strive to learn new things and continuously want to improve and challenge your knowledge
- You are self-motivated and active with the ability to work independently
- You are highly dependable, have a sense of urgency, and are able to meet deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills and have a professional demeanor
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.