In this role you’ll lead internal teams and liaise with external clients, vendors and partners on a daily basis. This role is ideal for someone with extensive experience in technical direction for entertainment, corporate and live experiential events.
- Assist the Head of Production with design, planning, and budgeting of technical requirements related to lighting, sound, video and staging.
- Lead/deploy teams and individuals responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of house systems, as well as design of rental systems supporting client events.
- Maintain drawings, workflow and processes for all on-site audio, lighting, video and IT systems. Develop & document configuration requirements to support events over a range of technical and budget requirements.
- Build excellent relationships with corporate & venue team, vendors, key consultants through positive, consistent communications. Ensure that senior management is aware of potential issues.
- Event Management
- Lead technical conversations with external clients and partners
- On-site technical supervision to ensure quality execution of technical teams.
- Work closely with Programming, Production and Venue management to ensure delivery of specific client needs as required. Partner with Production management on scheduling of people resources.
- Liaise with creative, staging, production, operations, and finance teams
- Staff Development
- Assume responsibility for creating a positive and productive team environment. Ensure adherence to safety policies and clean, organized surroundings
- Ensure knowledge sharing and training to ensure the team is completing work as efficiently as possible with maximum productivity.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10+ years of combined experience as a supervisor, manager or director and related roles in technical production. Experience with large scale corporate events and live entertainment.
- Leadership ability - hire, train, motivate, mentor, and inspire a team of full & part-time technical staff. Ability to coach through performance issues.
- Client facing abilities - able to engage in professional dialogue and appropriate manage client expectations while ensuring delivery of client or partner requirements.
- Able to handle numerous projects simultaneously at varying levels of event production technical requirements.
- Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent supplier/vendor knowledge, contract negotiation skills and knowledge of market pricing
- Problem-solving skills and ability to remain positive under stressful conditions.
- Significant hands-on troubleshooting experience with technical systems.
- Knowledge of lighting design, analog & digital audio systems, signal flow, networking and additional technical proficiencies, including rigging and power.
- Experience in integration of touring production requirements and working with external and internal event producers.
- Skill sets including: Vectorworks, SMAART, Microsoft Office / GSuite, Dante.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends
- Educational background in lighting design, engineering, architecture or other related subjects