FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform, is currently looking for a Group Controller; a crucial role in our Finance and staff departments.
The staff departments headquartered in Amsterdam consists of a CFO, Group Controller, Assistant Controller, two Administrators, the HR Manager and the Corporate legal team.
The vacant Group Controller position is within the Finance & Business control team at Fuga’s headquarters in Amsterdam. The controller will be in close contact with the legal-, HR and finance departments, and the financial departments of the various operations of Fuga around the globe. The position requires strong analytical, communication and presentation skills in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
• Monthly consolidation of Group numbers
• Preparing board pack; comments and explanations to the financial numbers
• Guiding financial team from an accounting and reporting perspective
• Forecasting and budgeting Group numbers
• Prepare statutory and bank reporting
• Review and analysis of balance sheet positions
• Prepare Group Cash-flow statements and forecasts
• Lead and initiate the improvements in group control and planning cycle
• Knowledge base for accounting and reporting treatment
• Preparation and review of departmental and subsidiary reporting together with central and local operational and financial management
• In depth sales and cost of sales analysis supporting commercial departments and sales teams.
• Assess risk and opportunities in subsidiary forecasts
• Initiate improvements in subsidiary reporting and local business improvement projects
• Assist local financial management in complex financial reporting tasks
• Support of non-organic growth initiatives, due diligences and review of new business initiatives
• Improve companywide understanding of cash flow- and working capital management
• At least 8 year experience in financial accounting
• Interest and affinity with both financial and business control
• Affinity with music business
• Experience of operating in an international environment is a pre
• University degree in business economics (or related study)
• Strong accounting knowledge
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong modeling skills
• Strong presentation skills, to make financials understandable for a non-financial environment
• Can do attitude
• Fluent in English and preferably good skills in other languages
Who we are
• Small, enthusiastic team and a growing company with strong ambitions;
• International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech;
• Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities;
• Part of a dynamic industry: technology, media and entertainment.
About FUGA Founded in 2006, FUGA builds software and provide services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Los Angeles, Korea and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Spinnin' Records, Armada Music, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue.