Reverb is the largest music instrument marketplace in the world, transforming the way musicians buy and sell gear online. Our first love was guitar, and we quickly became the premiere destination for vintage instruments, obscure pedals, boutique amps and more. Now, we encompass some of the most passionate drummers, synth heads, horn players, DJs and producers around the world who love buying and selling gear.
As a marketplace, our growth depends on the quality and breadth of the sellers we have on the platform as much as it depends on the buyers. With that, we’re focused not only on growing our selection of new, used and vintage gear, but also on creating the best possible selling experience for all sellers -- from those selling one or two pieces of gear a year on up.
As the Specialist, Seller Marketing, you will be in charge of all seller side marketing for our small to medium-sized sellers, including communications, content and product marketing. This is a new role at Reverb, so we are looking for someone with the vision to build a strategy for seller marketing as well as execute on the day-to-day. Our ideal candidate will be as passionate about gear as our sellers and market with a seller mindset. Your job will be to make the Reverb selling experience better through improved seller communication and education, which will ultimately lead to more sellers and sales via the marketplace.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Marketing Communications Manager to develop a seller marketing strategy and roadmap that prioritizes marketing initiatives across email, content, social and product marketing to increase the number of Reverb buyers who become sellers, increase seller feature adoption and improve seller retention.
- Own seller side email marketing communications for small and medium-size sellers, including seller newsletters and journey marketing.
- Collaborate with the Content Team on seller marketing content strategy and work to refresh seller content on marketing and FAQ pages. Content includes both written and video seller-focused content. Potentially develop a “seller university” with how to content and best practices for growing a business on Reverb and/or develop a seller advocacy program, where successful sellers teach newer sellers how to navigate the platform.
- Serve as the marketing liaison with Outreach, Customer Engagement and Resolutions. Work to diagnose common seller questions or issues and develop marketing that addresses those needs.
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition team on growing new sellers and converting buyers to sellers via paid advertising channels.
- Advocate for improvements to our product experience to serve sellers and own seller side product marketing.
- Spearhead marketing initiatives to drive seller feature adoption and engagement with a focus on Bump, Protection, Shipping Labels and RPS.
- Track and report on key seller KPIs, including new seller growth, seller retention, Bump adoption and buyer to seller conversion.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales, marketing or business development, preferably with an e-commerce company.
- Expertise in B2B marketing or supply side marketing for a marketplace business, including experience with email marketing, content marketing, product marketing, digital advertising as well as marketing automation tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a focus both on external marketing communications and internal collaboration with customer care, sales and product teams.
- Ability to present a strategic growth plan with metrics.
- A quick thinker fast to act with the ability to articulate impactful strategies.
- Experience and a network within the music instrument industry a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and stand-up desk.
- Discounts on music gear.