Based in the London borough of Southwark, Ministry of Sound Group Ltd. was founded in 1991.
Our history is built on thinking differently, challenging established ideas and being distinctive. We are bold, pioneering and authentic. We dance to our own beat.
We pride ourselves on promoting and nurturing talent through employing a diverse workforce which enables both employees and the company to reach their highest potential.
Summary of the role:
The HR Administrator/Coordinator role will support the HR Advisor in the effective running of the department and all HR activity across Ministry of Sound Group.This includes nightclub, members’ club and office employees.
You should have previous demonstrable HR administration experience and most importantly have strong people skills and commercial awareness. You will have payroll administration experience and will be able to answer basic pay related queries. The successful candidate will also ideally have a degree in HRM or a similar discipline or be studying towards a CIPD qualification.
This role needs the individual to have high levels of confidentiality, meticulous attention to detail, strong organisation and time management skills and the ability to multi task. The ability to think tasks through from an HR perspective is essential. A proactive, “can-do” attitude and willingness to go above and beyond is highly desirable.
This role will suit someone with HR Administration experience who is looking to expand their knowledge further in a very fast paced environment and take a step up to Co-ordinator level.
- Produce all HR related paperwork including offer letters, employment contracts, references, probation paperwork and changes to terms and conditions
- Carry out full reference checks for all new starters
- Carry out full right to work checks
- Maintain all employee files both online and hard copy
- Ensure the HR system (‘People’) is up-to-date and accurate, inputting new starters, removing leavers and adding any updates
- Administer company benefits as necessary – Healthshield, Private Medical, Season Ticket Loans, Cycle to work scheme,aligning with payroll accordingly
- Track all employee absences and produce reports where requested
- Keep company organisation charts up to date
- Keep a record of any visa expiries and report on upcoming expiry dates in a timely manner
- Complete Certificate of Sponsorship applications for international DJs
- Keep the HR drive up to date, ensuring files and folders are stored correctly and logically
- New starters and leavers
- Annual leave
- Sickness absence
- Salary related data
- Any other ad-hoc reports
- Track probation end dates via regular reporting from PeopleHR
- Remind line managers of upcoming probation review dates
- Issue probation letters for successful, extended or unsuccessful probations
- Liaise with the relevant managers to administer and process 4 payrolls to include:
- Ministry of Sound monthly payroll;
- Ministry of Sound night club weekly payroll
- The Ministry monthly payroll
- The Ministry bi-weekly payroll
- Administer recruitment process for hiring managers and HR using Monster and any other recruitment system
- Brief recruitment agencies and job boards and conduct interviews for junior level recruitment
- Carry out candidate searches and filter CVs accordingly
- Arrange interviews
- Organise the work experience process
- Maintain up to date job descriptions
- Take accurate meeting minutes where requested
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management
Essential experience and personal characteristics:
- Previous HR Administration experience
- Ability to remain calm during busy times and when under pressure and must be able to manage various projects at once
- Must be competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must show maturity, empathy and discretion
- A solid work ethic, taking pride in work produced and always willing to go the extra mile
- Trusted to deal with sensitive situations and information
- Excellent communicator – comfortable communicating with people at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible attitude
- Degree in HRM or a similar discipline or studying towards a CIPD qualification
- Competent in using Microsoft Visio