We are looking for a Director of Public Relations and Corporate Communications (f/m/x). This is a multifaceted role encompassing corporate communications, public relations, company and product positioning. This individual will oversee a team that works closely with the executive team, key internal stakeholders, and external consultants for public and media relations to strengthen Native’s leadership position in the music market.
The position involves engaging key internal and external audiences, creating powerful messages, storylines, and communications programs which drive awareness both internally and externally. In addition, this professional will be instrumental in ensuring consistency of messages across audiences, reinforcing our vision and corporate objectives, including pertinent corporate/brand image, identity and competitive positioning. And finally, this position will monitor on a broad scale basis the overall effectiveness of our communications programs.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be creative, flexible, happy to work in fast-paced demanding environment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with a number of teams, across Europe and between Germany and Los Angeles. This is a full-time position based in Berlin, reporting to our Chief Marketing Officer.
What You'll Do
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-dimensional communications strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation, and engagement.
- In partnership with the Marketing team, develop and execute creative communications strategies and initiatives to support Native’ internal and external communication.
- Identify and create stories that reinforce the Native’s value proposition and proven value.
- Main point of contact for all Native’s external media inquiries; build and maintain relationships with key media outlets appropriate to the music industry.
- Expand Native’s social media presence by developing content for social media channels, maintaining a high standard for content quality building meaningful relationships with followers and other online community members.
- Oversee public and investor relations, organise press briefings, media sessions, and events preparing briefing materials and brief the senior executives as applicable.
- Manage internal Communications team as well as PR Agency to oversee the development of key messaging, press releases and corporate materials.
- Work closely with the People Team to develop messaging and stories to improve recruiting, new employee onboarding, and employee communications
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 10+ years of experience in marketing communications and public relations.
- Having strong existing media, blogger and influencer relationships in the music industry preferable.
- Experience working with consumer, corporate, tech, lifestyle and business/marketing media and influencers and developing social campaigns to achieve communications goals.
- Experience building and managing media programs that deliver measurable results.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative a self-starter approach to work and strong problem solver.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills tied to strategic communications plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, and executive briefing documents.
- Excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills and deep story-telling experience
- An ability to roll your sleeves up and build out the programs while also bringing strategic insights and framework to this function.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and influencers that are both internal and external.
- Strong story-telling capabilities
Native Instruments embraces diversity. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe the foundation of our dynamic and pioneering spirit starts with a fair and inclusive culture. Our company culture focuses on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at Native Instruments and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive, and exciting.