We are looking for a talented product designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our community of audio creators.
As product designer, responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining product specifications and designing fully-functional products.
To be successful in this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will be the biggest advocate for our broadcasters, championing the user experience throughout the design and development process.
As we build the future of live audio, this role will be vital to achieving our goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the product manager and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Provide rapid prototyping at different stages of the design process
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role (with a portfolio to back it up)
- Familiarity with each phase of a Design Thinking approach
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Excellent time-management skills
- High level of ownership, autonomy and trust
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design programmes like Illustrator and Sketch
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- A high level of autonomy — we’re flexible with working hours, and empower you to follow your instincts
- An open, welcoming and fun work environment
- A great office neighbouring other creative residents, plus spectacular rooftop terrace and bar situated in the heart of East London
- Competitive salary
- Choice of hardware
- A regular slot on our in-house radio station
- Friday beers, sometime featuring tech talks, knowledge-shares or team side projects
- Quarterly kick-off events