Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex is looking to hire an experienced Social Media Designer to join our exceptional Design team. An ideal candidate will be responsible for creating original content for Complex social channels on day-to-day basis and contributing in the brainstorming of content ideas daily. In addition, the Social Media Designer will be responsible for the following:
- Skilled in producing quote cards, memes, video-graphics, head-swaps, and animation.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Understand the Complex voice and what works on the social platforms.
- Good at taking and giving feedback.
- Keeps up with current trends/viral moments on the Internet.
- Motivated and eager to grow.
- Innovative and takes initiative without being told what to do.
- 3+ years experience in the design field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/AfterEffects)
- Must have strong knowledge on social media trends across the various platforms
- Must have strong knowledge of hip hop, music, and pop culture, and MUST know the Complex brand
- Motion graphics and animation skills required
- Illustration skills a definite plus
- Independent worker that is used to working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrated record of contributing innovative and creative solutions on tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to multitask