What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
In this position, you will lead a group of Product Managers within the Platform Organization. This domain consists of such functions as Payments, Marketing Technology, Commercial Bundling and Royalties & Reporting. You will lead Product Strategy and Vision and be responsible for driving the success of our KPIs.
You will be reporting to our Chief Product Officer. In addition to working with them and your counterpart in Engineering, you will also closely collaborate with our broader leadership team to bring products to market.
The ideal candidate has rich product leadership and subscriptions experience and preferably has worked within the music industry before.
- At least 5 years experience in a director (or equivalent) role, in addition to 10+ years experience working in the tech or music industry in a product role. You have a proven record of launching and shipping products.
- You have led and mentored a group of Product Managers and contributed to their growth and development.
- You can devise and execute a clear product vision and strategy for Commercial Systems. You can tie the goals to business needs and communicate this at executive level and across company wide stakeholders.
- You have proven experience in implementing organizational product management processes and practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive prioritization.
- You hold strong empathy for brand and growth marketing teams and have collaborated closely with them in the past.
- You have worked within a B2C organisation that has a successful consumer subscription product as a primary revenue driver.
- You are comfortable making pragmatic decisions in a complex business environment, and empowering those on your team to do so with autonomy. When necessary though, you’re prepared to get your hands dirty and contribute directly.
- You are a proven team player with a keen sense of what helps us build and grow healthy, diverse, and high-performing teams. You have a sense of curiosity and a passion for eliciting creativity and innovation within the teams with whom you work.
If this describes you, we'd love to chat.