What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re looking for a Data Platform Technical Product Manager to join our team in Berlin. Working with a world-class engineering team, you’ll be responsible for determining the future of how SoundCloud stores, processes, and consumes data to serve its consumer base of millions.
You will be working with our Data Engineers to determine how SoundCloud thinks of data infrastructure and establish a world-class set of tools and services to enable our engineers to deliver great product experiences for our listeners and creators.
- Communicate product vision and strategy for the Data Platform internally and externally
- Prioritize and refine Data Platform features, improvements and bugs based on engineering impact and business goals.
- Define success metrics to enable high-impact product development with data infrastructure
- Determine best areas of improvement, taking into considering implementation time, return on investment and trade offs.
- Engage with infrastructure vendors and partners
- Coordinate with other product managers, engineering, and business teams
- Evolve the capabilities of our data platform to meet feature initiatives and company objectives
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of product management and/or engineering experience, experience with agile methodology and ideally distributed teams. Proven record of delivering successful products & services at scale
- Experience working with some of; A/B Testing and data driven product development, modern data infrastructure and platforms, data-driven products, such as recommendation systems and business intelligence
- You’re familiar and keep up-to-date with different distributed data technologies including streaming (Kafka), storage (GCS, S3, HDFS), parallel processing (Apache Crunch, Spark)), data warehousing (BigQuery, Redshift)
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of teams and determining how different teams query and process data. Even better if you are familiar with Data Science techniques
- You’re comfortable determining trade-offs of when to build an in-house solutions versus buying an external solution and working with vendors for the latter.
You inspire and dazzle your colleagues with your depth of knowledge and ability to impart it, and are able to communicate it well in both writing and presentations
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actios
- Extremely thorough, detail-oriented and organized with ability to manage multiple parallel projects
- Ability to translate user needs and strongly cooperate with engineering on scoping and executing projects and finding compromises between technical and product concerns