What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators and listeners who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio. Our Product Design team creates and shapes those experiences that serve hundreds of millions of users. We’re now on the lookout for a Product Designer to join our team.
You will work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers, UX-Researchers, and other Product Designers in the payments team to meet the needs of SoundCloud listeners and creators on the web, mobile, and beyond. We expect you to take ownership of your experiences from the early strategy and concept phases to the implementation and following iterations. You speak the language of users and will define their journey through a system from start to finish. You will participate in discussions to challenge assumptions, give critical feedback, and create consensus.
- Define user experiences of multiple areas including purchases, payments, subscription management, partner integrations across multiple platforms
- Partner with peers in your team to set clear objectives and an execution strategy
- Draft and iterate on multiple solution proposals for a problem with storyboards, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX-research, product management, engineering, marketing, and growth marketing to ensure a smooth product development process
- Understand and determine the level of fidelity required for our features and ensure we’re prioritizing our efforts effectively
- Ownership of experiences from the early concept phase to the final implementation
- Communicate and align expectations within your team and stakeholders
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates your process and ability to turn ideas into a convincing and unique creative vision
- A background in designing user experiences and interaction design for digital consumer products and working with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing responsive web applications or features, preferably work shipped to a large number of consumer users
- Ability to provide the rationale and trade-offs for your solution proposals
- Basic - advanced CSS & HTML knowledge
- Communication is a big part of your daily work. You’re not only interested in input from users, developers and everybody else, but you’re able to ask questions, give feedback and critique your peers’ design solutions
- A holistic understanding of design. You are eager to understand the underlying problem and able to work out concepts and ideas that are addressing the real issues
- You can deliver larger projects reliably, coordinate with other design team members and delegate when needed
- You enjoy working on a product from start to end and you won’t rest until a solid experience is shipped. At the same time, you are able to align this expectation with an iterative product development process and respective trade-offs
- You are a passionate product designer and a great storyteller
- In your design process, you consider the entire experience rather than individual screens
- You have excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.