What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
Head of Operations reports to the CTO and facilitates execution, planning, communication and resource allocation. This senior leader partners with the executive team, business GMs, heads of Product and Engineering to ensure we’re sailing smoothly and reliably through our many complex work streams. Key areas of ownership are:
Your mission in this role:
- From Engineering & Product perspective, owns the quarterly and annual planning process, cross-functional alignment, dependency management and overall orchestration of locking into an outcomes-oriented plan. Communicates this plan effectively across the organization.
- Manages tracking and reporting of all major initiatives. Anticipates and aggressively removes blockers that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Rationalizes headcount investments and utilization across the organization. Capacity planning and allocation as related to business objectives.
- Runs programs of work that touch multiple teams.
- Collaborative partner to Engineering, Product, Design and Business leaders. Leads cross-functional meetings and streams of work with multiple stakeholders and ensures alignment on goals, value and timelines.
- Trusted partner who can identify organizational or delivery inefficiencies and able to have difficult but constructive conversations about ways of tackling and resolving.
- You’ll be the key partner to the CTO, CPO and the Product Leadership Collective ensuring that all trains are running effectively.
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of leading operations in a senior role. You’re able to operate with limited direction and guidance, quickly and independently assessing situations and identifying inefficiencies or operational contentions.
- Thought leader in program management and agile approaches.
- Extensive experiences in leading project managers, operations managers and agile coaches.
- You are business-minded and commercially oriented but come from a strong consumer product ilk. You’re obsessed about the customer and figuring out how to sustainably and pragmatically deliver value.
- You’re rigorous and quantitative about all efforts you’re involved in. You’re hands-on about analyzing data.
- You’re outcomes oriented.
- You’re extremely organized.
- You’re an excellent communicator and relationship builder. You effectively drive multiple diverse groups to ambitious goals and you make that fun. You are crisp in your language and message providing clarity and disambiguating
- You’re able to effortlessly switch between tactical and strategic modes.
- You have strong command of modern project and product management tools like JIRA.
- You demonstrate commitment to high standards and a diverse workplace.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.