What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
We’re seeking a Senior Manager to join the Content Operations team in our Berlin office.
Being a part of the Content Operations team, you will play a key role in establishing and implementing processes and operations with rights holders, labels and artists, building relationships and spreading an understanding of how SoundCloud works.
- Build deep, mutually beneficial relationships with rights holders through clear, friendly and timely communication
- Represent rights holders and creators operational, process and technology needs internally
- Create and implement policies and procedures to allow rights holders to best use our unique platform and business model
- Work closely with internal teams to manage issues and inquiries from rights holders, labels and artists
- Lead and manage end-to-end integrations with new rights holders to make their content available on the platform
- Interface with all relevant teams in developing new features, functions and tools
- Constantly evaluate, adapt and refine processes to improve the SoundCloud experience for artists, labels, and rights holders
- Provide feedback and process management solutions to internal teams like Product, Engineering, Legal, and Copyright to represent the technical and operational needs
- Lead high level project management for the Content Operations team by introducing and implementing frameworks around processes and launches.
Required skills and experience:
- You are passionate about music and audio content
- You have 6+ years experience managing operational relationships, music content catalogs and supply chain
- You are comfortable in XML and common communication processes in digital media
- You are comfortable with basic SQL to get quick answers and regular reports
- You take ownership of issues to find solutions and can manage multiple technical issues and cross functional projects
- You have the ability to break down and communicate complex, technical problems and solutions
- You have an understanding of intellectual property policies or legal affairs in digital media
- You are inquisitive, resourceful, and enjoy the process troubleshooting problems