SoundCloud is the world's leading audio platform, allowing everyone to share and discover unique content anywhere, anytime, on the web and on mobile. SoundCloud is looking for a Communications Specialist to join its global communications team. This individual will provide extensive editorial, creative and logistical support in developing and executing a broad range of projects that support the communications team. This role is based in SoundCloud’s New York office and will report to the Senior Manager, Communications.
Commitment: 9 months, fixed term contract
The Specialist will be responsible for the following areas:
- Draft press releases, talking points, and other written materials as needed; source, create (along with a creative team) and edit multimedia materials to accompany announcements and campaigns.
- Brainstorm and research consumer-focused stories.
- Support media relations and pitching efforts.
- Research opportunities and own SoundCloud’s speaking opportunities grid and conference coordination.
- Maintain trackers, calendars and fact sheets.
- Support SoundCloud internal communications activities including company distribution lists, All Hands meetings, and maintenance of our internal intranet.
- Compile daily press digests that are distributed to all SoundCloud employees.
- Organize and maintain press database and assets (e.g., media lists, artwork, press releases).
- Compile media coverage reports and prepare briefs for interviews, conferences and more.
Desired skills and experience
- At least 1 year of experience in an office environment in the public relations/communications field
- Degree in PR/communications, media or journalism preferred
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Knowledgeable and passionate about SoundCloud
- Computer skills: Experience with Google Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign a plus.
- Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter with proven ability to take direction and work well in a busy working environment
- Must exude a professional demeanor with the ability to handle matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Strong understanding of social media and online trends
- Interest in working in music, entertainment/lifestyle, and technology