SoundCloud is the world's leading audio platform, allowing everyone to share and discover unique content anywhere, anytime, on the web and on mobile. SoundCloud is looking for a Community Manager to join the team. This role is based in our New York office and will report to the SVP, Subscriptions and Marketing.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be responsible for engaging with consumers on SoundCloud’s owned social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Tumblr
- Proactively engage consumers across non-owned social platforms to insert the brand in relevant conversations to drive brand favorability.
- Regularly share insights with key stakeholders across the business to inform strategic optimizations
- Play an active role in listening to and monitoring social conversations across our channels and within the social space to garner insights that will help optimize social marketing strategies.
- Act as a resource for social media insights and share across the organization
- Partner with internal social media/press/community operations teams to assist with resolving customer inquiries and identifying potential issues that require escalation and involvement by cross-functional stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience as a community manager for a music, entertainment or lifestyle brand/personality
- Highly enthusiastic about all things social media and constantly on the lookout for opportunities to leverage what’s new and trending on social platforms
- A genuine passion for music and a creative spirit
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful and able to work independently, but also a strong collaborator and team player
- Experience finding, targeting, and mobilizing online tastemakers and influencers
- Knowledge of basic digital production including audio, photo and video editing programs including Adobe Photoshop a plus