Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
The Orchard is an innovative music distribution company, operating in over 40 markets globally. We’re proud to be leading the way in both distribution and artist services across the world, providing creative, comprehensive and independent sales and marketing solutions for content owners across a diverse and exciting range of artists.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Artist Services Manager to join our Artist Services Milan division.
- Identify potential artist and management targets (A&R)
- Build strong relationships with artists and artist management
- Drive artist services deal signing process; negotiate fee, term, and services commitments
- Coordinate with artist management and creative in order to facilitate the development of products from inception to completion
- Coordinate with artist management and creative to facilitate delivery of audio assets, metadata, and artwork on time and in line with specifications
- Coordinate with artist management and in-house teams to ensure delivery of distribution and services value proposition
- Manage release setup to ensure the production process stays on schedule
- Representing The Orchard in meetings, at shows, and on calls with artist management and bands/brands
- Analyze the impact of all spending, marketing, and promotional activity, and put together materials to communicate findings to wider artist services vertical and management
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance to marketing, to ensure client partner business needs are met
- Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
- Significant experience in the music industry in a management, production, or curation capacity
- In-depth knowledge of content marketing, consumption habits, fan communication methods, and social trends
- Ability to be both creative and data-driven
- Proven ability to source and cultivate relationships with third parties
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Italian and English, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally
- Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Please click here