Our Digital Partnerships team is looking for a music-passionate Junior Partnerships Manager to manage Sony Music UK’s relationship with YouTube (including YouTube Music) & our YouTube Multi-Channel Network partners such as TrapNation, UKF & COLORS (“MCNs”).
- This role will pitch for, and manage, our artist campaigns with YouTube (including YouTube Music) to maximise our artist’s audience on the platform and leverage marketing opportunities for the artist, whilst driving business opportunities for Sony Music.
- The Junior Digital Partnerships Manager will devise and communicate YouTube channel management best practise to Sony Music’s label teams and our wider company. Working with our label teams they’ll implement cohesive video content and channel strategies for our artists.
- This role will also manage our relationships with third party YouTube channels & MCNs, working closely with our label marketing teams and international stakeholders to manage pitches, uploads & analysis of these campaigns, across our partner channels.
- Manage on a day-to-day basis Sony Music UK’s relationship with YouTube, understanding their key values and priorities. Maintain strong relationships with YouTube and third party YouTube Channels & MCNs across their multiple teams including; artist & label relations/music partnerships, editorial and programming, marketing and YouTube Spaces studio
- Manage strong relationships with Sony Music’s labels especially marketing, digital marketing & promo teams and across the wider company including; digital operations and release planning, International Marketing and 4th Floor Creative
- Contribute to the planning and strategy for new releases with attention to all necessary decisions (e.g. release strategy timeline, content formats, social marketing strategy etc.) and generate ideas for creative executions collaboratively with label teams to demonstrate value to the artist and Sony Music
- Plan and host regular artist and music meetings with YouTube to present artist campaigns and new music with a view to securing (and then executing) artist partnerships, and to pitch releases for editorial consideration and YouTube marketing packs
- Manage the pitch and approvals process with our YouTube Multi-Channel Network partners and third party YouTube channels to exploit our content
- Use YouTube analytics to identify potential trends and opportunities on YouTube and communicate these to the labels and wider company
- Be an idea generator for creative executions with YouTube and our partners on market-leading campaigns to maximize streams and exposure for our artists (with a focus on new technologies/platform developments, such as voice activation)
- Work collaboratively with the wider Digital Partnerships team & Catalogue team to ensure cohesive catalogue/frontline artist campaign discussions with partners
- Work closely with the wider team on Sony’s owned playlisting activities to ensure good presence and maximising opportunities on YouTube
- Work with Finance to understand and analyse the company’s performance on our partners, looking at metrics such as subscriber numbers, number of plays, and percentage share where applicable and ensure that budgeted targets are met and incremental opportunities are thoroughly explored
We’re looking for an individual who is/has:
- Passionate about music and has a good understanding of multiple genres
- Experienced and comfortable in executing multiple, simultaneous, complex campaigns in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
- Track record of managing many different needs and requirements at once
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Confidently deals with people at all levels internally & externally
- Ability to communicate complex processes to non-technical people
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Self-starter approach to creating new opportunities and curious to improve our ways of doing things
- Ability to prioritise workload, goals, targets and time
- A team player who can be relied on to participate as needed during busy periods
- Strong relationship builder who is approachable
Junior Partnerships Manager (YouTube) reports to the Director of Digital Partnerships (team formally known as ‘Sales’).
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Please click here