Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a broad roster of artists including local artists and international superstars, with a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
The Orchard is an innovative music distribution company, operating in over 40 markets globally. We’re proud to be leading the way in both distribution and artist services across the world, providing creative, comprehensive and independent sales and marketing solutions for content owners across a diverse and exciting range of artists.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Commercial Accountant who will be responsible for the entire financial reporting cycle to SME Affiliates. The ideal candidate will have experience of taking control of balance sheet reconciliations, working successfully with SAP and have a good working knowledge of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, macros)
- Processing and ingesting the Looker file (for Finetune, Phonofile & SME Affiliates) into SAP
- Liaise with the Orchard New York office regarding raising invoices to 3rd party Digital Service Providers
- Receiving all other sales statements, making sure invoices are raised by an offsite member of staff
- Reporting income to SME Affiliates and making sure that they are paid on time
- Maintain and update the advances/recoupment schedule
- Making sure that all new labels are set up on all systems by offsite member of staff
- Take responsibility for weekly payment runs
- Preparation of internal monthly reconciliations
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Solid experience or understanding of working within a busy finance function
- Accounting or financial related degree
- Commencing CIMA/ ACCA qualification, or equivalent
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work as a group or in isolation
- Positive approach to new tasks and problem solving approach to challenges
- Rigorous eye for detail
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Please click here