The Company: Roland Central Europe
Roland is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of electronic musical instruments including; keyboards & synthesisers, guitar products, electronic percussion kits, digital recording equipment, amplifiers and audio processing devices.
- You’ll closely work with our project manager and assist him when it comes to the daily operational guidance of the development team. You’ll be part of an international development team, building and maintaining Roland specific business applications and tools.
- You’ll convert user stories into practical software and you’ll be the go-to person for less experienced colleagues. You’ll also be involved in code reviews on a regular basis.
- You’ll make sure that applications meet safety standards, whilst always guarding their high performance, spreading focus on usability and safety amongst the team.
- You’ll participate in an active way during meetings, always sharing your opinion and vision. You’ll be an important link when it comes to controlling analysis made by other team members and giving constructive feedback comes natural to you. You’ll always be ready to help and give direction.
- You’ll have a view of the complete picture (hardware and software) and understand how you can use this to your advantage, whilst building applications.
- You have proven experience in coding applications in PHP, always following SOLID principles. You are experienced in Symfony framework, Doctrine and SCRUM methods.
- Abstraction layers and databases such as SQL, MySQL and Oracle are well known to you in usage and administration.
- You have previously worked with a package manager (like Composer, NPM, Webpack).
- You are familiar with development tools such as PHPstorm & Git. You are skilled in testing in PHPunit and Codeception.
- You are very aware of the latest trends within web programming languages and online app security.
- You are an enthusiastic, able to self-motivate colleague and you are driven, eager to learn and a team player.
- You are stress resistant, creative and communicative.
- You are fluent in English and in Dutch.
- Would be an advantage;a strong feel for graphical design experience, experience with SCRIBE, experience with CRM (Like Dynamics) and ERP systems (like NAV), you are a musician and understand how musicians think.