iZotope is seeking a Senior iOS Software Engineer for a position on our Spire product development team, creating the next-generation recording studio. You’ll be joining a cross-functional software team, responsible for the software running on the Spire Studio hardware device and our iOS/Android Spire applications. Your primary expertise and focus will be the Spire iOS application, but expect to learn and help out on other platforms to reach our product goals.
The Spire software team is highly collaborative with a passion for high-quality code. We propose changes and solve problems together in whiteboard design sessions, give and receive feedback in detailed code reviews, and discuss testing details with our QA team. But what ultimately drives our work is our customers. We believe that everyone on the team should understand why we are building a feature or improving a user experience. Besides designing and writing code, expect to learn about our users to help us make informed decisions every day. You don’t need to be knowledgeable about audio production, but a passion to help our users is a must.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the software and hardware development teams to implement new features and fix bugs in the Spire ecosystem, focused on the iOS platform
- Lead technical breakdowns and feature estimation of new features with a group of engineers
- Work with our product management and design team to understand our users and product goals
- Maintain a high quality product through writing clean, clear code and high participation in code reviews
- Keep up to date with latest iOS/Swift best practices and promote their adoption across the team
- Be willing and excited to learn about new technologies, platforms, and programming languages to tackle difficult problems and improve the entire Spire experience
What you will need:
- Proficiency in Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with multi-threaded systems and performance tuning
- Knowledge of test driven development, unit testing, or similar testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of architectures, trends, and emerging technologies in mobile
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a collaborative environment
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with source control such as Git
- 5+ years of proven work experience developing and shipping consumer applications, at least 2+ years on complex iOS applications
- Reactive programming experience with libraries like RxSwift or ReactiveSwift
- Asynchronous programming experience with libraries like PromiseKit
- Experience developing for connected/smart devices and network programming
- Experience with distributed messaging systems, such as ZeroMQ
- Working knowledge of C++
- Working knowledge of Android and Kotlin
- Additional experience in web and cloud technologies
- Previous work in an agile environment
- Experience with continuous delivery on mobile platforms
- A passion for music and recording
This position is full-time working remotely from NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.