iZotope, Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic UX Designer to join our growing Design department. The successful candidate will contribute towards our line of award-winning audio production products and help us build upon our internal tool set.
Every day is unique at iZotope and that’s how we like it. In this position, you’ll work with product managers an engineers to help research, design, prototype, and provide implementation support for a variety of audio production products. You should be insatiably curious -- always thinking about how we could better serve our customers while influencing innovation within the media production industry as a whole. Our ideal candidate would desire working within a highly collaborative environment and have knowledge of how to leverage design systems and design thinking techniques to build great products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Moderating remote and in-person research sessions with performing artists, music producers and audio engineers to understand how we could design products to better serve their needs given challenges they encounter with existing media capture and editing solutions on the market today
- Synthesizing research findings into engaging workflows and UI designs that address our customers’ needs
- Developing early-stage prototypes in order to validate potential design solutions with the people who use our products
- Mining videos and notes from past research sessions for new insights and helping organize those findings into our internal customer research database, followed by socializing those findings throughout the company
- Practical understanding of practices for facilitating a collaborative design process inclusive of: customer research, information architecture, interaction design, and UI design either through 2+ years professional experience and/or relevant coursework
- Experience designing experiences around multimedia (audio/video)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple assignments across a couple different product teams, sometimes with competing priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas verbally, through sketching, prototyping, interpretive dance, whatever it takes!
- Familiarity with UI design and prototyping software like Sketch / InVision
- Understanding of the music industry and the audio market is a plus, but not required
This opportunity is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.