iZotope is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Communications Manager to join a growing marketing communications team. This is a unique opportunity to oversee all global media relations and PR strategy for a fast-growing company with truly innovative products that use intelligent audio technology to help musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the technology behind it. iZotope provides an inspiring and creative work environment where you’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and are successful doing it.
Create global PR strategy using in-house resources and agency support. Hold agency partners accountable to drive effective PR coverage internationally and increase awareness for the iZotope brand, and the company’s software and hardware product lines. Help devise and meet KPIs for PR activity, create reporting methods and dashboards to communicate to stakeholders.
Work with the Director of Communications and iZotope’s leadership team to innovate new ways to use PR tactics in collaboration with paid and organic influencers programs, paid media, social media, artist relations and internal content creators to raise brand awareness. Amplify brand stories, user stories and video content by strategically using PR channels. Continually use metrics to steer activities and increase effectiveness of tactics over time.
Advocate for and recommend speaking opportunities and thought-leadership initiatives to increase and widen understanding of iZotope’s industry contributions and its central ethos among industry leaders, customers, partners and channels. Devise PR plans which establish iZotope as a pivotal contributor to the music, film & TV, broadcast, online content, media and machine-learning industries.
Industry Citizenship and Brand Awareness-raising
Leverage and build iZotope’s brand-equity among industry associations, committees, membership groups, educational organizations and media groups to strategically grow the company’s presence, impact and reputation - in alignment with developing business and market goals. Make tactical recommendations about how to achieve this in tangible, measurable ways. Evaluate and administer all sponsorship requests in consideration of broader brand strategy, company objectives and business considerations.
Devise tactics to amplify awards, industry accolades and reviews to build iZotope’s brand recognition and reputation among target personas and industries.
- Work with Director of Communications to create quarterly objectives and key results for PR activity and brand awareness raising.
- Create weekly reports which share international PR wins with the wider team
- Create, monthly and quarterly reports which clearly track progress
- Track and report on share of voice with sentiment quarterly
- Create a strategy for successful PR coverage in each new country where we go to market.
- Establish strong ties with international PR agencies and consultants, and learn and respond to what is unique in each international market, making necessary adjustments to ensure successful awareness-raising
- Become a key advisor for iZotope’s content team. Advocate for news-ready content, and secure stories that can make successful PR placements and build brand awareness and engagement.
- Help transition from cyclical product launch-focused PR strategy to an integrated content-focused media relations strategy
- Establish and maintain direct relationships with press organizations and key figures that reach target personae.
- Maintain contact database for all press and media contacts.
- Arrange regular and direct meetings with music industry, Pro Audio, and post production press and key media, at shows and/or desk-sides at least twice per year.
- Increase standards and quality of all iZotope’s written communications, both internal and external.
- Ensure all iZotope public and team communications internal, external, verbal and written are of industry leading caliber.
- Deep understanding of the audio, music or post production industries, or a closely related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with proven expertise in creating press releases, speaking points and translating product messaging appropriately for each output.
- Minimum of 5 years communications experience in-house or at an agency - (preference PR agency)
- Proven ability to establish working relationships with journalists and influencers
- Self starter, critical thinker and positive team-player who will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Degree in PR, journalism, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
This position is remote and based in New York City. Candidates must be willing to commute to a Manhattan office at a later date. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.