ABOUT BOILER ROOM
Everything we do is rooted in the energy of club culture and its ability to bring people together. Open dancefloors; where music, ideas and people meet.
Boiler Room started with a webcam taped to a wall, broadcasting from a warehouse in London, opening a keyhole to the city’s underground. DIY at it’s finest; raw uncut and homemade.
As an independent music platform and cultural curator, we remain true to that history. Connecting club culture to the wider world, on screen and irl through parties, film and video.
Since 2010 we built a unique archive; featuring over 4,000 performances, by more than 5,000 artists spanning 150 cities, enabling everyone regardless of where they live to enjoy the freedom it stands for.
Our remit is to platform music in new ways – sound on for the voices and stories of the fringes of the mainstream.
Boiler Room – watch, listen, dance.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Group Account Director is responsible for overseeing the running of our biggest retained client business. You will be the key point person for both the client and intermediary agencies, building and maintaining strong relationships to ensure the campaign meets, and exceeds, expectations across all touchpoints. You will need to show strong leadership, supporting the team in their decision making, with a top-level view across all components (events / content / marketing & broadcast / talent / comms strategy / data reporting).
You will have 5 reports. As a team leader at Boiler Room we expect you to support your reports in their development via processes such as our Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPRs); by leading weekly team meetings & hosting bi-weekly 121’s. You will represent the team within the wider business, working with other Heads Of Department (HODs) to drive efficiencies across the account, from making sure we’ve got the right processes in place, to being across how your team are briefing others. Ultimately it’s on you to ensure the best quality of this branded partnership.
- Lead the team responsible for delivering this brand partnership, from Project Managers to Project Directors
- Represent this portfolio partnership to senior management, making observations & recommendations for improvements
- Run the account by example, driving exceptional client relationships; leading on the planning, implementation & delivery; helping define project scope, goals, deliverables & required resource
- Delegate work amongst the team to ensure efficient use of time and smooth delivery of all aspects of the project
- Managing overall project budgets, allocating and interrogating all department budgets to ensure every aspect of the campaign comes in within budget
- Continually working with senior Commercial and Marketing representatives to ensure that all upsell opportunities are realised and actioned across the course of the campaign
- Ensuring all activity and output meets both partner and Boiler Room objectives and deadlines and hits agreed KPIs in terms of timing, budget and profitability levels
- Grow understanding of client’s wider business needs and insights and identify/lead on potential opportunities
- Assisting in all aspects of driving new sales - lead generation writing proposals, pitching new business
EXPECTATIONS (specific to your role)
- To always give our partners the best experience of Boiler Room
- To give SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) briefs for any requests from internal teams
- To bring fresh thinking to your projects, always pushing for Boiler Room to be at the forefront of creative execution
- Aim to be best in class and build long term relationships with partners
- Able to relay wider business-related recommendations to senior management in structured and constructive manner
WORKING AT BOILER ROOM
- Demonstrable passion and understanding of the Boiler Room brand and vision
- Be focused and in line with achieving your department’s quarterly objectives
- Facilitate inter-departmental collaboration as well as supporting your team across a variety of projects with different timelines and urgency
- Be proactive
- Attend a variety of meetings, including project-specific stand-ups, weekly department planning and company-wide updates, managing your time wisely
- Be adaptable and ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in a personal development programme and peer review
- Proven experience in a platform/brand/culture-focussed agency delivering Brand Partnerships
- Extensive experience in delivering campaigns in music and/or youth culture
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms and algorithms
- Present and discuss ideas clearly, and help translate concepts to the wider business in a detailed and methodical manner
- Exceptional client relations with a proven track record of navigating difficult and high pressured scenarios
- Understanding of the music landscape & ability to educate stakeholders on the nuances
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record to demonstrate them
- Excellent computer proficiency, specifically Keynote, Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive