ABOUT BOILER ROOM
Everything we do is rooted in the energy of club culture and its ability to bring people together. Open dancefloors; where music, ideas and people meet.
Boiler Room started with a webcam taped to a wall, broadcasting from a warehouse in London, opening a keyhole to the city’s underground. DIY at it’s finest; raw uncut and homemade.
As an independent music platform and cultural curator, we remain true to that history. Connecting club culture to the wider world, on screen and irl through parties, film and video.
Since 2010 we built a unique archive; featuring over 4,000 performance, by more than 5,000 artists spanning 150 cities, enabling everyone regardless of where they live to enjoy the freedom it stands for.
Our remit is to platform music in new ways – sound on for the voices and stories of the fringes of the mainstream.
Boiler Room – watch, listen, dance.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The VP Marketing will be responsible for developing, articulating, driving and implementing key comms initiatives - both editorial & commercial - that serve our broader business goals.
They will work as part of the senior leadership team to drive the business forward towards delivering on its strategic vision: of being the leading supporter of underground music & underground music artists globally. Within this, they will take responsibility for the positioning, packaging & promotion of key ideas - internally & externally - that push the company forward towards the realisation of this vision.
Whilst we have an existing management structure in place for the operational side of the marketing team, it is the responsibility of the VP Marketing to lead, inspire & mentor this team.
- Devise comms narratives and drive the marketing strategy for Boiler Room priority projects & campaigns:
- Cementing Boiler Room’s position as the leading supporter of underground music globally through promoting artists, playlists and content
- Communicating our goals & ambitions to the broader industry via B2B comms, plus represent the company at B2B industry events (i.e. panels & conferences)
- Accelerating the growth of our touring proposition & driving ticket sales
- Fully establishing & maximising success of our apparel proposition
- Optimising the narrativization & performance of our commercial partnerships
- Build strong relationships within the music industry - from record labels to DSPs & music media. Identifying opportunities that will serve our growth plans
- Manage the external PR agency to activate and execute the strategy
- Mentor the marketing team who will execute all marketing and comms campaigns across the marketing mix
- Drive audience growth & reach mechanics by developing new distribution ecosystems for commercial and original campaigns
- Leverage data & insights to inform marketing, brand, content & comms activity - as well as informing broader business decisions
The successful candidate will:
- Have substantial experience working at a senior level in a music / culture / media business, in developing & pitching comms strategies
- Have a profile & be connected within the music industry
- Have a demonstrable passion for, and understanding of, the Boiler Room brand / vision
- Be able to galvanise & motivate the workforce around key comms initiatives, and oversee them coming to life
- Be adaptable and ready to work in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Deep strategic thinker
- Exceptional communicator
- Broad knowledge across all areas of marketing & comms, inc all the latest tools & software
- Ability to work autonomously & take the initiative on key projects, as well as able to inspire & lead project teams
- Degree in Business, Marketing, PR / Comms, or Advertising preferred, but not essential