We’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, and transparency in the workplace. We aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Why Frontend Engineering?
Splice is looking for a Frontend Engineer to build features on our platform, maintain and improve our web applications, and enhance the performance of our experience as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
We build the Splice platform using cutting-edge tools and strongly believe in giving back to open source communities, we mostly use Golang, Angular 2, MySQL and Elasticsearch. We are looking for engineers who can identify trade-offs before they’re built into systems, and have come to accept that great software design is full of them.
We’re a multicultural, distributed team that equally loves music as much as programming languages, and we respect our different tastes on both
What You’ll Do:
- Using your knowledge of the web, HTTP, and API design to build features with quantifiably high impact through prototyping
- Develop modular code and reusable components for splice’s frontend
- Collaborate with other teams to design AB tests and analytics
- You appreciate the value of investing in optimizing your programming workflow
- Implementing features from previously discussed RFC, including unit and integration tests to support our growing business
- Participating in respectful code reviews to ensure our knowledge is shared, our code works as intended and will be understandable in a few months
- Taking a turn in our weekly Engineering support rotation to solve problems from our end users or our Marketing and Business teams
- Actively work to suggest and implement improvements to our process and systems
- Contribute to creating components and APIs for Splice’s frontend libraries and work with complex backend APIs that are already in place
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to support product decisions and review future implementations
- Leading an RFC to propose the implementation of a new feature in our web products
What we’re looking for:
- You share our vision.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Demonstrated ability creating highly scalable web apps; you can describe why the applications you built were highly scalable and the tradeoffs you made to accomplish that
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- You have 6+ years of relevant work experience in building and maintaining production quality web applications professionally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience working with Angular and/or TypeScript
How We’ll Handle Your Application
We know that applying for a job can be stressful, and the amount of time it takes varies wildly from company to company. So, we’re sharing with you up front how a typical application proceeds through the interview process for this role.
First, we try our best to get a response to all applicants within a week of receiving their application, whether they are selected for interviews or not.
If your application is selected to proceed through our interview process, you may:
- Meet with a Technical Recruiter for a brief, 30-minute video chat. They’ll get a sense of what you’re looking for and answer any questions you might have about the role.
- Complete a take-home exercise at your own pace within a 1-week window from when you receive the exercise. A working solution should be manageable with around 4 hours of dedicated effort or less.
- Have your anonymized exercise reviewed by Splice engineers and evaluated according to a rubric.
- Meet with two of Splice’s engineers for an hour to chat with you about your submission, your work experience, and answer any questions you may have.
- Meet with the hiring manager for a 30-minute chat.
- Meet with members of our Product & Product Design teams for a 1-hour chat.
- Meet with our VP of Engineering and Principal Software Engineer for a 1-hour chat.
That’s it! After each step, the hiring manager will use the feedback from our panel to determine who progresses to the next step. The whole process can be completed in as little as two weeks, depending on your availability, the applicant pool size and when applications close.