Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
The General Manager role is focused on driving the holistic growth and performance of RA in Brazil. This role is responsible for achieving business objectives across multiple touch points, and overarching success, as well as recruiting and working closely with the teams in this region.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations.
We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Help set up the operations of RA’s business in Brazil
- Recruitment, management and support of local team. Currently the Brazil team includes one freelance city manager for São Paulo. The General Manager will be responsible for further hires and growth in the region.
- Full ownership of Brazil team revenues (RA Pro) and expenses (headcount, operating costs and overheads)
- Initiate and maintain key market relationships: commercial, cultural and creative
- Account manage key venue, promoter and label partners in Brazil
- Working with the Growth team, implementing the International Strategy locally in Brazil with direct oversight of the local GCN team
- Understand the local competitive landscape to improve product offerings and recognise opportunities
- Assist with local festival partnerships and help coordinate regional RA events
- Drive performance and output of all team activities through ownership of local KPIs across commercial, growth & content
- Oversight of local Commercial/Revenue team, mentoring and training to achieve commercial targets
- Responsibility for “the office”; people, operations, physical spaces and culture as we grow in Brazil
- Developing a detailed understanding of all company products and services, whilst also recognising the nuances in their effective application locally
- Along with the Director of International, advocate to Product, Revenue, People, Support and Content for changes to better adapt the business for success in Brazil, representing Brazil to the wider company
- Diagnosing problems with the running of the platform locally and, in collaboration with the global teams, formulating effective solutions to expedite growth and improve efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- Embedded within the Brazilian scene with wide existing network
- A passion for electronic music and an in-depth understanding of the industry
- Proven success in a managerial role (3+ years of management experience)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Outstanding relationship building and client service skills
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable
- An understanding of People and HR requirements for Brazil operations
- A track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Experience with ownership of a P&L
- An understanding of digital media and advertising
We care about:
- Flexible and remote working, dependent on role location
- Generous annual leave policies, with a focus on supporting a work/life balance
- Comprehensive staff wellbeing policies, with regular activities and workplace initiatives to support mental and physical health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- A transparent internal company culture with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - https://ra.co/about/diversity
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music is art
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community
- We honour the past, present and future of electronic music
- We use innovation to empower the community
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit
- We’re always front left
Please be sure to submit an English CV. This role is a full time, permanent role and the expected salary is BRL 13,000-17,000 per month. If you have questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from 30th August 2023. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts and check your junk/spam folder for emails from us.