We are looking for a fast thinking and creative Marketing & Promotions Manager to join our unique team at The Cause HQ, leading on many exciting projects coming to fruition in the immediate future.
The right candidate will need to display a strong work ethic, supporting our team with planning long-term strategy, implementing reactive, short-notice campaigns, and creating high awareness and brand visibility.
The Cause are first and foremost underground electronic music promoters and venue operators. Named after our former Tottenham Hale club, which ran from 2018-2022 Over recent years, the organisation has grown and diversified in its operations. Alongside past projects including a street food site (Costa Del Tottenham), present projects include regular music-led events (up to 2000 capacity), the operation of a bar & restaurant (All My Friends), a record store, and occasionally the provision of photo & film locations, and workspaces for multiple independent businesses.
The ideal candidate would plan and lead marketing campaigns for the above areas of work, with a particular focus on event promotion and the launch of any new projects (festivals & venues). We are looking for a keen marketer, with experience within the events, music and entertainment spaces, and a deep understanding of event marketing and event promotion in the current climate.
You will be responsible for leading marketing campaigns across all our projects and channels - e.g. Instagram, Newsletters, Tik Tok, and overseeing and implementing consistency of brand tone, story and values.
The right candidate would implement marketing systems and standard procedures for the company, as well as devise, plan, execute, monitor, optimise & report on all marketing campaigns – with a keen eye on streamlining processes where possible. Working to strict budgets, deadlines and continually striving to maximise return on investment will be key for the position. Fresh and unique marketing strategies will be required, with campaign recommendations to directors and the wider marketing team more than encouraged.
Heading up the marketing department, you will be expected to work autonomously, yet closely alongside the programming team. As the organisation grows, you may be required to manage freelancers and assist recruitment for support staff across the marketing department.
Given the demands of the events industry, you must be able to be reactive to last minute marketing requirements/opportunities, and to implement effective changes within short deadlines; this would entail some irregular working hours across nights and weekends.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender, reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Our team is diverse and welcoming, and we would love to see LGBTQI, POC, and/or working-class applicants for this role
● Take the lead on all marketing activity for a variety of brands from our team, with a multi-channel approach to strategy and execution
● Devise and execute successful and timely creative marketing across a variety of media platforms
● Analysis & concise reporting of live and completed campaigns
● Development of marketing plans and processes/SOPs, management of marketing resources and platforms
● Liaise with external agencies on PR activity and strategy, ensuring they have accurate information at all times, and PR campaigns are coordinated with other marketing activity
● Lead on weekly marketing meetings and report to the wider marketing team
● Integration with the bookings and programming team, understanding individual show timelines, and contributing ideas to maximise the success of all events and campaigns
● Social media management for all existing and upcoming projects - including social media community management, and extension of our presence to new platforms (e.g. Tiktok, Telegram)
● Leveraging visibility through ticket and media platforms such as Resident Advisor, encouraging sponsored campaigns and marketing of our events & brands
● Manage email campaigns, developing and implementing strategies to maximise growth, engagement and conversion
● Managing, monitoring and maximising marketing budget costs
● Attendance and management at key events & project launches
● Two+ years of experience in a similar role, or equivalent industry experience
● Passion for (and knowledge of) music, events, fashion, popular culture, the creative industries, and the values that our brands represent – with community being a key tenet of what we do
● A commercial eye, and critical insight into marketing opportunities and activity that we are currently missing out on
● Passion for being in a role with creative freedom
● Strong knowledge and understanding of successful marketing campaigns within the events space, including paid media across digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google etc).
● Experience analysing campaigns patterns & successes making effective changes to optimise results and maximising return on investment
● Experience in promoting & running events
● Experience managing brand development and brand marketing campaigns, with a focus on measurable results and ROI
● Proficiency in adobe (photoshop, illustrator, indesign)
● Proficiency in Word (excel, word)
● Facebook Ad management experience
£30,000 - £40,000 - dependant on experience
Full-Time Role - 40 Hours per week
You will be expected to work on site 5 days per week from any of our sites & offices, primarily between E9 5EN & E16 1YZ
How To Apply
Apply with your CV & a short cover letter through the link on this page.
Applications close on 24th May, or before if a suitable candidate is selected.
We look forward to reading your application, thank you for your time.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page