Reverb.com is looking for passionate people managers to coach our next generation of leaders. We care deeply about fostering an environment that promotes learning and development, and you’ll play an instrumental role in implementing different tactics, strategies, and practices to grow our engineers as professionals and provide them with the right challenges to keep them engaged and motivated. As a company that values feedback, we are looking for people who excel at both giving and receiving feedback in a way that encourages dialogue and inspires teams to succeed.
To complement your people skills, you’re also confident in your knowledge and understanding of software development and technologies. We believe in a team-oriented approach that encourages managers to be actively involved in the engineering process: effectively leading technical discussions, helping to resolve technical disagreements, presenting and evaluating engineering trade-offs, and rolling up your sleeves to get your hands dirty in the code, if the occasion calls for it.
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members.
- Set clear expectations for their team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Clear the road for the team by identifying and removing obstacles.
- Ensure that Reverb standard engineering practices are followed or help define practices where there may be a gap.
- Champion communication and trust between teams, peers, product and across the organization.
- Communicate product team’s goals to engineers to ensure everyone is on track and understands the bigger picture initiatives.
- Foster a culture centered around delivery with a focus on quality.
- Great people leader with a history of building a strong engineering team via hiring, developing, and motivating talent.
- Enthusiastic about Reverb and the products we are building with the ability to instill that excitement in others.
- Ability to breakdown problems and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep expertise in web technologies with a track record of overseeing technical design and completing projects with high quality.
- Comfortable operating at leadership level as well as pairing with other developers to understand their technical roadblocks.
- Proven track record of motivating teams towards delivering business results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience in related domains within e-commerce is highly desirable. Prefer experience in both front (React or similar) and back-end (Ruby/Go/Node) technologies.
What you'll get
To complement our competitive compensation and stock options plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- A MacBook Air, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters. Please send us a link to your Github!