Reverb is looking for a tenacious and detail-oriented Fraud/Payouts Specialist to support our Risk team’s mission of keeping Reverb’s marketplace the safest and most secure destination to buy, sell, and discover gear from across the globe!
As a member of the team, you’ll need to be a proactive investigator who has the health and safety of our users as your top priority. You never take things at face value, but rather you relish in the opportunity to dig deeper and analyze the information that’s put in front of you. As a person fueled by curiosity, you take the time to consider multiple perspectives and outcomes in order to mitigate fraud on the platform. You’ll play an integral role in strengthening and protecting our community of musicians and music-lovers by upholding the Reverb values and keeping the bad players at bay!
- Read messages, process tracking information and compose risk profiles to determine whether users are eligible to receive payouts.
- Assess risk to ensure payouts are being properly distributed.
- Follow-up on unpaid statements and negative balances.
- Ensure record keeping is accurate and updated.
- Actively manage the purchase approval queue while mitigating loss exposure.
- Monitor and respond to chargebacks.
- Identify activity and behaviors indicative of fraudulent behavior based on manual review and data analysis.
- Send and respond to customer support tickets related to payments and risk.
- Consistently update and manage spreadsheets used to report fraud trends.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure a great customer experience while preventing financial loss.
- Handle additional tasks associated with a fast-growing company.
- Comfort using spreadsheet software (e.g. Google Sheets, Excel, Microsoft Office), including the use of formulas.
- Customer-centric approach with a high level of integrity, discretion, precision and enthusiasm.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills on the fly and actively engage in and contribute to a continuous feedback loop.
- Knowledge of third-party fraud prevention tools (e.g. Sift) is a plus.
- Prior fraud, payments, or risk management experience is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- Availability to work one weekend day (can be remote).
What you'll get
To complement our competitive compensation and stock options plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- A MacBook Air, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
- Discounts on music gear.