The Cause is an award-winning, fully independent multi-venue dance music institution. We are a vital part of London’s nightlife ecosystem and we pride ourself in supporting charitable causes and championing underground dance music. Our open-door policy welcomes everyone equally, regardless of musical tastes, gender, race, class, age, sexual persuasion or kinks.
Since the closure of our beloved venue in the heart of Tottenham back in January 2022, we have worked round the clock to secure some exciting new opportunities to keep the crew together and find a new home.
We have finally found new locations across London, and in order to launch with a bang, we need to grow our family.
This is an opportunity to play your part in the growth of what we know will become one of London’s best-loved clubs, and to make your mark on club culture in London from behind the scenes.
Our Venue Management team is responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of our new space at 60 Dock Road in Canning Town, East London. You will help to lead the business’ Bar Staff, Supervisors, Venue Technicians and Artist Liaison Assistants when the parties are running, as well as overseeing the safe and smooth operation of the venue, and assisting in advancing events as well as preparing and maintaining the site during the week.
- Oversee the management of and maintain the security of the venue's operational safety during events.
- Assist with the management of all aspects of the bar operations for both front and back of house.
- Ensure the bar team maintains high standards at all times.
- Effectively resourcing the bar adequately to meet business demands whilst achieving financial goals.
- Assist in the development of the full bar menu based on customer demand and seasonality.
- Oversee the food safety, health and safety standards and meet requirements at all times.
- Oversee the management of stock and the supplies to ensure they are maintained to an agreed level, waste is minimised and stock cost are within target percentages of turnover.
- Assist the sourcing, negotiation and ordering with all suppliers and contractors, including any sponsorship / retro or listings deals, saving money wherever possible and adding value with new products.
- Assist in all staff training with the support of the bar management team and HR.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Significant breadth and depth of multi-site management experience at a senior manager level, ideally across a range of high quality, high-volume late night venues.
- Possess commercial instincts and financial management skills to be delivered against key performance indicators.
- A leadership style that is engaging, confident and proactive in a fast-paced environment that's unpredictable and constantly changing.
- Bring fresh ideas and provide a wider industry perspective to the business, whilst working proactively, and with integrity at all times.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of alcohol service and food safety legislation; as well as the ability to adapt to changing circumstances based on COVID-19 regulations.
- Able to work weekends, public holidays and late night hours.
- Experience in incident response; managing police, licensing enforcement, council visits
To apply, please do the following:
- Complete our Equal Opportunities and Diversity Monitoring Form with this link
- Please send us your CV a short cover leeter, and ensure that you save the file as your full name as this really helps us this end.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender, reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Our team is diverse and welcoming, and we would love to see LGBTQI, POC, and/or working class applicants for this role
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We receive a lot of applications and it does take a while to process these therefore if you do not hear from us immediately it means that we are still in the review process so do not panic.
We aim to get back to everyone that applies for this position within one month of the closing date however, we cannot offer feedback on CV’s.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to interview on site
Thanks for your interest in our space. We look forward to receiving your application.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.