SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
Elsewhere and PopGun Presents
599 JOHNSON AVENUE #1, BK, NY 11237 🔾 CAREERS@POPGUNPRESENTS.COM
About the Companies
Elsewhere is a multi-room Brooklyn music venue and nightclub built by and for the culture-obsessed, managed by our sister promotions company PopGun Presents - an events collective with deep roots in NYC's underground music community. We are here to empower artists, celebrate the diversity of our city, widen access to visionary and uplifting culture, and experience the joy of doing it all together
If you share our passion for music and art without boundaries, and you're looking to advance your career in social media, we want to connect with you - join us and grow with one of the best teams in independent arts, hospitality, events, and culture.
Elsewhere is looking for a creative and detail-oriented Social Media Coordinator to join our rapidly growing, creative, and effective marketing team.
This individual will be responsible for helping improve the organization and efficiency of our social media efforts, as well as assisting in improving reach and engagement across all platforms (including but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, Soundcloud, Tik Tok and Instagram). Responsibilities include the planning, scheduling, and publishing of social content, conducting research on our target audience and industry trends, assisting in strategy development, and more. Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail are a must, as you will be working with multiple teams to ensure cohesiveness in content created for our platforms.
Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of current best practices for multiple social networks, and previous experience using tools to monitor and measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns. A deep passion for culture, media, and music are strongly preferred - if this sounds like you, please get in touch.
This position will report to the Social Media Manager, and work closely with teammates in Event Marketing, Programming, and Sponsorships to coordinate social media content and strategy initiatives.
Your day to day is…
● Coordinate and execute content publishing for Elsewhere and PopGun live events and brand campaigns across social media channels
● Support in the ideation and execution of social media content, including brainstorming, content sourcing, writing copy, scheduling and publishing posts.
● Properly collect and organize earned and owned media, and marketing collateral for archival purposes and cross channel use
● Write copy, design, and publish social media posts and creative campaigns that build brand awareness, sustain the curiosity of audiences, and generate buzz
● Conduct market research on audience preferences and latest industry trends to create and develop relevant branded content
● Assist social media team in development of projects and campaigns that ultimately drive follower and engagement growth
● Support department in various initiatives including research, sourcing, outreach and gifting
● Engage in building and maintaining relationships with influencers, members, and community
● Measure and analyze campaign success using defined KPIs
● Suggest ways to optimize systems, content, engagement and conversions
● Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
● Facilitate and engage in conversations with customers, community, and network
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
● Minimum 2 years in a previous social media role
● Educational background in new media, marketing, or other relevant field of study
● High level of familiarity with various social media spaces and trends, including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, Reddit, Discord.
● Proficiency in keyword research, SEO and campaign reporting tools
● Working knowledge of online marketing channels and strategies
● Aptitude at creating and delivering creative content (image, video, and text)
● Teamwork. Ability and experience collaborating across multiple departments (creatives, engineers, analysts, and marketers) and understand the value of working as a team
● Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure
● Passion. An entrepreneurial self-starting spirit that is driven by the challenge of finding impactful solutions among complex problems
You’ll love your time at Elsewhere because…
● We believe in what we do, and foster a culture of respect (for all music & people), passion, and excellence
● You will work with teammates that are the best in the culture & events business
● You will be on the cutting edge of music, enabling emerging culture to thrive
● We are building a long-term business, that can support long-term careers in our industry
Compensation and Benefits
• $55,000 annually
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Commuter benefits
• Unlimited Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and work with Everify
These values are real and guide all of our decisions in how we operate and how we treat people. This includes our decisions to hire, reward, and fire. Every single person at Elsewhere will be held to these standards. This is how we build a great team, achieve our goals, and do so enjoyably.
Elsewhere is a haven for our staff, artists, and audiences to experience the joy of expressing their authentic selves. Everybody has the right to feel welcomed and understood here, in direct defiance of all the ways our society tries to divide us up out there. We crave connectivity and togetherness. We’re curious about the unknown. We’re open-minded to a fault.
The chills we get experiencing transcendent music in a crowd remind us that a better world is possible. Elsewhere is a celebration of that feeling - of joy, wonder, and hope. We are here to have fun, and we reject cynicism in all its forms.
Our love for the game comes from a place of deep respect: for the extraordinary history of music and nightlife in NYC, for the working artists out there redefining culture, and for our staff who live and breathe it every night. To do right, we extend that respect to each other and everyone else along the journey.
Our job means service: to our teammates, artists, customers, community, city, and to the culture. We celebrate individuality, but there is no place for ego.
We believe strong communities are built on trust, and so everyone must rely on us to be honest, transparent, and consistent. We live our values and stand by them even when it’s hard or inconvenient. We admit our mistakes and work to grow from them.
There are much easier ways to earn a living. The renewable resource that keeps our team sustained is an unshakable conviction in some aspect of our mission, whether it’s supporting new artists, helping audiences discover music, building community, or shifting culture.
To accomplish our goals we aim high, and work both hard and smart.
The beauty of culture is that it is always evolving, and so should we. We value out-of- the-box thinking, challenging “the way things are,” and imaginative leaps. Like in art, it is better for us to fail trying something new than to not be experimenting in the first place.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page