AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our mission is to partner with independent artists to tell stories that shape culture. We constantly innovate to remove all barriers between artists and the A&R teams or store editors that help them take their projects to the next level.
We are looking for a Marketing Project Manager for our Marketing Team. As a Marketing Project Manager you will be responsible for leading marketing strategy & initiatives for a wide range of AWAL's artists with a focus on artist development. Acts will include emerging and developing artists on their way to becoming more established artists.
You may already have some experience owning your own artist campaigns at a front line label and be familiar with managing marketing projects. You will be a digital native with a digital first approach to campaigns and a deep understanding of developing social and music platforms and the opportunities they offer.
You will be passionate about brand new artists, love working exceptionally closely with creatives, and be someone with real vision and ideas on how an artist can sure up their artist proposition as they push for cultural, commercial and critical success. This would suit someone who already has one or two years experience working at a front line label or equivalent, who has managed their own projects and ready for their next step into a junior manager role.
What you'll do:
- You will conceive and implement innovative marketing timelines & strategy for selected AWAL artists
- Communicate and look to implement marketing best practices, new developments and strategies to artists / artist's teams
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with AWAL’s global marketing teams
- Oversee the delivery and the rollout of all assets for designated artist campaigns
- Manage marketing campaign budgets
- Oversee setup & execution of clients' physical and digital production
- Establish clear campaign objectives & targets for all key stakeholders to adhere to
- Source and manage media promo partners for projects
- Work with internal teams, including A&R, Audience Development, Global Commercial Partnerships, Sync, Brand Partnerships & Operations teams as well as external partners
- Advise on digital marketing, advertising and social media strategies to maximise results, engagement and growth in conjunction with the Audience Development team
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets
- Monitor & analyse performance of releases using analytics and third party tool
To be successful in this role you will great at:
- Building strong relationships with both artists / artist's teams & internal team members in order to build trust & to keep steering the campaigns effectively
- Consistent and effective communications with both the artists / artist's teams artists / artist's teams & internal team members which adhere to AWAL's values
- Successfully managing multiple campaigns in a fast-paced working environment and prioritising workload
- Setting campaign objectives and targets at the start of each campaign
- Regularly keep abreast of the campaign budget & how that affects the planning & execution of the campaigns
Who you are:
- You will already have some music marketing experience at a record label, music distributor, artist or label services company, artist management company
- You will be familiar with the AWAL business model & the company values
- You will have a strong understanding of the inner workings and deliverables required for the life cycle of global music releases, as well as digital and physical distribution, metadata and marketing
- You are comfortable in hiring & working with third party promo teams & creatives teams / agencies
- You have great knowledge of the DSP landscape and how it affects marketing campaigns
- You will have a general understanding of what it means to work releases in a global marketplace
- You will have experience in implementing effective paid media advertising & an awareness on how to identify audiences you would like to target
- Willing to take a hands-on approach & be ready to execute a wide range of tasks to execute the campaign
- start up, entrepreneurial mentality, with a preference for team work and collaboration