Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties. We are looking for an Android developer who is passionate about electronic music and wants to get involved in creating and improving RA’s products for the electronic music community. RA is able to offer hybrid working, allowing all employees to work both remotely and in the office.
RA provides two mobile apps. One is the B2C “RA Guide” app, which is available on iOS
. This is for customers to browse events and purchase tickets. The other is the B2B “RA Ticket Scanner”, available on iOS
only. This is for promoters to scan in tickets and manage thier events.
RA is looking for an Android developer to join our platform team, working part-time from our London office 3-days a week. We are also offering this as a fully remote position. If you are applying for the fully remote position, we require you to work in GMT-5 to GMT+2 time zones.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Owning the “RA Guide” Android app, used by thousands of users every single day
- Implementing new features and improving existing features according to the product roadmap
- Working to implement designs to improve the look and feel of the app
- Integrating with new APIs and services
- Working with web development and product teams to shape new features
- Migrating technology to more modern frameworks
- Monitoring bugs and crashes and releasing updates to fix them
We’re looking for:
- Someone who wants to learn new things and can self-direct their learning
- Commercial or personal experience releasing apps to the Google Play store
- Experience working across all parts of app development from visual elements to integrating with device hardware and external systems
- Experience working in an agile environment with embedded product managers
- Experience working in Kotlin codebases
- Familiarity with the app release cycle and remote monitoring and configuration
- Comfortable owning the Android app end-to-end
- Some experience or interest in iOS development would be beneficial, but is not essential
We care about:
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture
- Electronic music is art
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community
- We honour the past, present and future of electronic music
- We use innovation to empower the community
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit
- We’re always front left
This is a 6-month fixed-term, 3 days/ week contract role, with a day rate of £200 - £400/ €230 -€450 dependant on experience. This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from Thursday, 19th January If you have questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.