Sales Engineer - Audio Technology
Based: Letchworth Garden City
Term: Full time
Who are we?
We are Linea Research, a company within the Focusrite Group of brands. We are based in Letchworth Garden City, Herts and are rapidly expanding our teams as we grow to one of the biggest names in Live and Installed Sound.
We are proud of our UK based manufacturing, research, and design teams. We enjoy the opportunity to socialise together and celebrate achievements alongside our sister brands in the Focusrite Group.
What do we do?
We design, develop, manufacture and market innovative professional audio equipment. Our amplifiers and processors are sold and used across the world. Some of the biggest venues and festivals are powered by Linea Research amplifiers and we are globally recognised as a leading manufacturer of professional amplifiers.
Requirements for the role:
- Prepare and develop technical presentations to explain our company's products to customers at demonstrations, trade shows and shoot-outs.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Discuss equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers.
- Research and develop customers' technical requirements, and create or modify audio designs.
- Generate high-quality sales leads, follow up after initial contact, secure and renew orders, negotiate prices, complete sales, and arrange deliveries.
- Help customers with their Linea Research products by providing technical support via email, phone call or in person. Recommend improved or upgraded products.
- Solicit and log client feedback in the company CRM and evaluate the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate these issues with possible solutions to your manager.
- Achieve sales goals and quotas.
- Maintain and grow existing clients revenue whilst developing new leads using your sales forecasting.
- Train other members of Linea Research on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A comprehensive understanding of engineering, marketing and business administration.
- Experience in sales and the audio technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
- Workplace pension
- Working hours 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection / Life Assurance schemes (post probation period)
- Health Cash Plan and Private Medical Insurance (post probation period)
- Opportunity to participate in our Group Bonus scheme (post probation period)