iZotope is seeking a Software Engineer for a position on our Spire product development team. Bring your passion for audio and your drive to innovate as you help us realize new devices for the Spire platform. Working with a highly collaborative cross functional software and hardware team, your contributions will be key in helping us reimagine the future of recording and audio production. This role is focused on helping the team realize software that runs on current and future Spire devices, but you can also expect to learn and contribute to other platforms in order to help us reach our program goals.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, customer focused, independent, driven, inspired by problems, focused on achieving results, hungry to learn, and passionate about writing high quality code. As a team, we are motivated and empowered to solve real customer problems on our way to reimagining the audio production experience.
- Develop software for diverse hardware to power iZotope’s portable audio platform, Spire
- Write and maintain system-level code in a custom Linux environment
- Represent software interests in a growing multidisciplinary team of electronics, mechanical, network, and application engineers
- Maintain a high quality product through bug fixing and participation in code reviews
- Be willing and excited to learn new technologies and stay up to date on industry trends / best practices
- Work with our product management and design team to understand our users and realize our product goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 2 or more years experience developing and debugging software in C, C++ or another low level language
- Experience developing software in and for a Linux environment
- Desire to solve problems that cross over both hardware and software domains
- Collaborative mindset with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with source control concepts
Candidates will ideally possess:
- Experience and/or interest in music and the music industry
- Experience developing software for Internet-connected hardware devices and network programming
- Familiarity with basic electronics design and application concepts
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Familiarity with digital signal processing
- Experience with Python and Lua
- Experience with Yocto, Buildroot, or other custom Linux build tools
- Experience writing Linux device drivers for custom hardware
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.