The Primary Wave Sync Licensing department is seeking a New York-based Director of Creative Sync. This is an opportunity for an experienced creative exec to join our dynamic team and work with some of the world’s most iconic music.
This is a creative/pitch position that reports to the SVP/Head of Sync, and would work closely with the entire Sync team as well as other Primary Wave departments.
The ideal Director of Creative Sync candidate:
● Has 8-10+ years sync licensing experience at a music publisher, record label, ad agency, music supervision company or a similar position in a Sync / Licencing department
● Has an extensive, proven track record of proactively pitching and landing syncs in various visual media
● Has a very deep, established network of music supervision and other contacts in advertising and in film/TV music organizations, and is proactive in creating new client relationships
● Has thorough knowledge of music licensing, copyright, and the evolving advertising and film/tv music industries.
● Is a proactive self-starter who also works well as part of a team
● Is highly proficient in Microsoft Office, iTunes, Disco or similar music pitching platforms
● Has a strong work ethic and strives to make a positive impact on overall Sync
department and company priorities
● Is passionate about music and our industry!
In the position, the Director of Creative Sync would:
● Pitch Primary Wave’s roster of classic artist catalogs, contemporary writers and management clients to advertising agencies, music supervisors, film/tv studio departments and others in the creative business community, identifying and generating creative sync opportunities and revenue for our artists
● Organize showcases and other artist / client events and meetings
● Work with other internal departments to assist with onboarding newly-acquired catalogs
and other new partnerships
● Handle incoming sync licensing requests and approvals while liaising with songwriters and managers, film/TV and advertising clients, as well as co-rights holders and publishing administration partners
● Assist in department and company projects as needed
● Be a key part of a collaborative and supportive team, while working with some of the
world’s most all-time iconic music.
Location: New York
Compensation package includes salary, benefits and 401k.
Please send resume to apply.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.