ABOUT THE QUBE
The Qube is the world’s first members’ studio for content creators. Merging the meaningful community of a members club with the functionality of professional studios. We offer premium facilities for for music, media and content creation, with private members bars and hang outs in both East and West London.
Our curated community of musicians, producers, podcasters, YouTubers, artists, photographers, and creative entrepreneurs and businesses share a membership that celebrates diversity and inclusivity.
Qube's first flagship London site is home to a thriving community of hundreds of professional creators and 40 studios, and we're about to launch our second site in Canary Wharf's new creative district, Wood Wharf.
We are on the hunt for music-obsessed, sociable and organised Weekend Community Assistants to join our West and East London teams, Weekend and Full time roles are available.
Our Community Assistants drive the two core pillars of the business: Operations and Hospitality. Your role will be built around delivering a best in class membership experience for our community alongside the rest of the team; building deep relationships with them, understanding their needs and supporting our members in their creative journey with The Qube. You will also form a key part of our front of house, driving the success of our daily operations and being present to provide technical and operational support.
Member engagement and retention:
● Ensure all members are welcomed to The Qube with a ‘wow, it’s you!’ experience.
● Anticipate member needs before they arise in order to enhance and personalise their experience.
● Empowered to solve members issues, using your hospitality driven mindset to create solutions and ensure members feel heard and taken care of.
● Work the front desk coverage, being the face and energetic embodiment of The Qube.
Building Operations and Front of House:
● Conduct the morning and evening checklists to ensure the studios and communal spaces are set up
according to our staging guide.
● Support our members with use of the studio equipment including uploading SD card data to our system and troubleshooting equipment when issues arise.
● Carry out regular, basic studio maintenance to keep our studios looking fresh and clean, every day.
● Escalate recurring maintenance problems and ensure the building is always at its best.
● Know and explain The Qube’s member policies and procedures in person or via email and members app to keep members informed and abiding by the community guidelines.
● Respond to emails and messages sent from the Qube app in a timely manner, remaining professional yet keeping the ‘Qube voice’.
● Manage the energy in the building ensuring the correct music is playing, lighting is of the right levels and any activations of the space are aligned with our brand.
● Ensure members feel heard, seen and looked after if they approach you with an operational issue.
Experience and requirements:
● 2+ years of experience in a hospitality role.
● Confident ability to work with music software and studio equipment. You don’t need to be an expert, but we require a basic understanding and knowledge of our equipment.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
● Excellent interpersonal skills; you are friendly with everyone, but able to remain professional.
● Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish.
You should apply if:
● You understand start-up life and thrive in the ambiguous and fast paced environment
● You are passionate about music and other creative industries
● You are solutions orientated - you see something that can be improved and you solve it
● You are attentive to detail and manage tasks efficiently and effectively.
● You enjoy and thrive at continually growing relationships.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter.
In application please specify whether you are interested in East or West and Weekend or Full Time (Mon-Fri)
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page