Who we are
Most people dream of being able to play a musical instrument. We develop outstanding products that enable anyone to achieve this dream. Our first product is flowkey: a revolutionary app for learning to play the piano. After our launch in 2015 flowkey quickly became one of the global leaders in its category, with more than 5 million users from over 100 countries. We are also one of the exceptions in the startup world, as we have been profitable from the beginning. This enabled us to go our own way and create a great culture.
Why join us
We believe that the best companies help you live your life the way you want and become the person you want to be. That's why we focus on promoting your personal freedom and growth. Here are some of the benefits you'll enjoy as a member of our team:
- Flexible work location: You decide where you want to work: in our beautiful office, from home, or anywhere else in the world.
- Free time management: We believe work should adapt to your life, not the other way around. We only schedule a few fixed appointments every week – you're free to arrange the rest of your time as you like.
- Shared success: We distribute part of the company's annual profits among the whole team. This way everyone takes part in our financial success.
- Support for your growth: We actively support you in your professional and personal development. If you want to learn a new language or go to a conference, we'll cover the costs – up to €2,500 per year.
Your role and responsibilities
As a Digital Piano Course Creator you will be part of our Course Content Team. Together we are going to develop educational content for the course section in our app. You’ll work at the intersection of music education, UX design and educational content creation to develop interactive music lessons that delight millions of piano players. You will take a new lesson from idea to release, including pitching the concept to the team, defining a structure, drafting a script, finding appropriate repertoire, composing engaging exercises and working with other teams to produce and release the lesson to the world.
Here’s a detailed description of your tasks:
- Generate ideas for new course content or UX improvements based on user research, data analytics, and your own insights
- Write down and pitch your ideas to other team members
- Write a rough content outline or create UX wireframes
- Collect feedback from other team members and customers to validate our assumptions and improve the content outline
- Write a rough video script and create a first prototype of the course
- Work together with our Copywriters and Video Producers to iterate on the script and video During the following content production phase, ensure a steady progress of the project and an efficient cross-team communication
- Bring the final content into our system and publish it to our customers. Monitor performance and get feedback
- Regularly conduct user research and UX tests to find ideas for new content or improvements to existing content
We’re looking for a passionate, natural-born teacher who can break down topics into clear, engaging narratives and explain complex musical concepts in simple terms. You're someone who wants to teach our users how to play the music they love by harnessing fun, innovative methods that reach beyond the norm.
You should also bring:
- A broad educational piano repertoire and experience and deep understanding of different piano styles
- Proven ability to teach beginners or advanced players with the priority of developing a love, appreciation and passion for music and piano
- An affinity for forward-thinking technologies and UX design in order to maximize fun, engagement and skill development
- A strong feeling for pedagogical progression and the ability to generate lessons, exercises and musical ideas at appropriate levels
- Great creative thinking, organizational and clear communication skills
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page