Accountable to: Marketing Director
Point Blank, an award–winning music school, seeks a new Head of Marketing and Communications.
We are looking for a committed team player with proven experience of leading a team and delivering successful marketing campaigns from start to finish, ideally with a background in music and education. You’ll be leading a team whose goal is to raise our domestic and international brand profile, creating new partnerships with brands, record labels, artists, DJs, equipment manufacturers and industry events. Do you have contacts in your address book like this? You are going to need them if you want to join the team.
The successful candidate will be a creative person with plenty of chutzpah who can open doors: confident, hard-working and extremely well organised. As head of department, you’ll be adept at problem solving and be able to think on your feet. You’ll demonstrate the measurable positive effects of your campaigns with an increase in student numbers. Although office-based, this role regularly involves working out of office hours and attending relevant music industry events, sometimes abroad.
The role will comprise the following areas:
- Strategy & Planning
- Team Management
- Reports & Analysis
- International Schools
Strategy and Planning
- Conceive exciting and creative marketing campaigns.
- Extend the marketing strategy to incorporate Higher Education initiatives, partners and events.
- Set targets, budgets, campaigns and timeline.
- Contribute to inter-departmental and senior management meetings. Ensure strategy aligns with wider departmental and business objectives.
- Lead effective cross-departmental projects, bringing in relevant members of staff.
- Research and apply for industry awards as appropriate.
- Management of the marketing team, including regular meetings and appropriate project oversight, proofing, guidance and approvals.
- Oversight of the whole marketing team, including advertising, blog and socials, video content, student engagement, student opportunities, events and industry partnerships.
- Monitor goals for team members, review progress and KPIs.
Reports and Analysis
- Inform and discuss campaign performance with senior management. Make recommendations and readjust priorities within the team.
- Create and maintain centralised budget and timeline. Ensure that this is weighted appropriately to maximise engagement, impact and return.
- Review monthly expenditure across the department, including advertising spend.
- Use and interpret all relevant data to review strategy and priorities. Includes student survey feedback (eg. NSS), Graduate Outcomes, advertising performance and Google Analytics.
- Establish a wide range of partners to further the brand and enhance the student experience.
- Develop a wide network of websites to amplify key marketing messages and video content.
- Create joint marketing campaigns with equipment manufacturers, technology providers, artists, music producers, DJs, record labels and other music industry organisations.
- Develop partnerships with schools and other educational organisations.
- Strategic input into video content with partners.
- Work with event organisers and partners to ensure effective presence at internal and external events.
- Coordinate marketing activity with our international schools. Includes event programming, partnerships, guest masterclasses and promotion.
- Lead regular remote meetings as necessary.
Additional Job Information:
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 dependant on experience
Point Blank is an equal opportunities provider