We are looking for an exceptional individual to run the bar function in this exciting new independent music and arts venue in a restored heritage building on Bangor seafront, Northern Ireland. You will lead the Court House bar team with flair and vision, to support a year-round programme of music, arts and cultural events. You will help us to develop an outstanding reputation for our new venue and contribute to the regeneration of Bangor city centre and seafront.
The venue will have one outdoor and three indoor performance spaces of varying sizes, and will operate a theatre licence for alcohol.
You will be responsible for the smooth and effective management of all bar functions including:
· Ordering from and liaising with drinks suppliers, managing, rotating and accounting for stock
· Recruiting and managing a team of bar supervisors and staff, including staff rotas, training, attendance, holidays, sickness and performance reviews
· Managing the financial aspects of the bar including cash management, daily reporting, invoicing, spreadsheets, and setting and meeting weekly, monthly and annual financial targets in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Court House Director
· Managing all operational and legal aspects of the bar including health and safety, inspections relating to alcohol and performance licencing, food hygiene and liaising with Building Control, Fire Safety Officers and Police where required.
· Lead on customer service to ensure an outstanding level of care and a safe, inclusive and welcoming venue for audiences and performers
· Ensure that all Court House policies and procedures are enforced including energy efficiency, equality of opportunity, child protection and safeguarding, diversity etc.
· Act as a key holder and be responsible for opening and closing of the venue as needed.
· At least two years’ experience managing a busy bar (not just a supervisory role)
· A keen interest in the drinks industry and be highly knowledgeable about craft beers, artisan spirits and wines
· Strong leadership skills with experience of recruiting, motivating and inspiring a performance and customer service-driven, cohesive team of bar staff
· Commitment to delivering the organisation’s policies on equality, diversity and best value in all aspects of its activities, both internally and externally.
Preferred skills and experience
· Be familiar with the terms and conditions of operating a theatre licence
· Experience or knowledge of working within a music, arts or cultural venue
· Good computer literacy
· Driving licence and access to a car
Closing date for applications 30th September
Please email us including a concise CV, a short covering letter saying why you are the right candidate for this position, your salary expectation and a potential start date.
Equality of opportunity
Open House is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of perceived religious or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, colour, race or ethnic origins.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page