E L S E W H E R E
599 JOHNSON AVENUE #1, BK, NY 11237
About the Companies
Elsewhere is a multi-room Brooklyn music venue and nightclub built by and for the culture-obsessed, managed by our sister promotions company PopGun Presents – an events collective with deep roots in NYC's underground music community. We are here to empower artists, celebrate the diversity of our city, widen access to visionary and uplifting culture and experience the joy of doing it all together.
If you share our passion for music and art without boundaries, and you're looking for the challenge of your career, we want to connect with you - join us and grow with one of the best teams in independent arts, hospitality, events, and culture.
Elsewhere is looking for an empathetic, friendly, detail oriented individual to hire as Coat Check Captain.
This individual will be responsible for:
You’ll be successful in this role if you..
$22 per hour
These values are real and guide all of our decisions in how we operate and how we treat people. This includes our decisions to hire, reward, and fire. Every single person at Elsewhere will be held to these standards. This is how we build a great team, achieve our goals, and do so enjoyably.
• Respect for all people, music, and ideas – be open-minded. Elsewhere is no place for hatred or discrimination for any kind, as a workplace or as a venue. This standard applies to everyone, not just staff, including artists, audiences, investors, etc.
• Inclusivity: We believe that music and people should not be siloed, and that Elsewhere is best enjoyed when we are all together.
• Creativity: We support creativity on stage but we are also creative as a company. It is better to take a smart creative risk and fail than to avoid taking creative risks at all.
• Service: Go above and beyond in doing what is best for our artists and for our audiences so they can have an incredible event. You might do this every day, but for them, this event might be a very rare and special occasion.
• Excellence: We are values-driven but performance-oriented. Work smart over hard, but do the hard things when you need to instead of just what’s easy.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.