Somethin’ Else are looking for a number of Podcast and Radio Producers to come and join the Music and Entertainment Team. We are looking for exceptional audio producers who will work across our premium audio content. In these roles, you will lead one or more of our audio shows to commercial and critical success, be it a Somethin’ Else original, a branded or client podcast or a music entertainment show for the BBC. You will develop quickly as you help us in our mission to become a global premium audio network.
We are open and encouraging of applications from the broadest range possible, we have a wide range of content to work across so please let us know in your application the type of content you have experience with and where you excel. We are recruiting a number of different roles and no single role will cover every genre. If you have digital audio production experience across any of the following then we definitely want to hear from you: Music content, Comedy & Entertainment or Factual Entertainment.
What you'll do:
- Producing music/entertainment podcasts for brands
- Producing radio content across music and entertainment
- Live Show Production (Radio)
- Music Programming
- Sourcing, interviewing and recording contributors
- Audio Editing, scripting and scoring episodes
- Working alongside journalists and presenters as well as executive producers and assistant producers
- Creative development: Generating, developing and pitching ideas
- Working with PR and Marketing teams to assist in promoting the podcasts
Who you are:
- Experience in audio production or as a radio producer (preferably with some experience of BBC content)
- Podcast production experience
- A love of audio and wide ranging podcast listening habits
- A passion for uncovering great stories
- Strong editorial judgement
- Experience managing talent and contributors is a must
- You will have a creative flare for ideas generation, both for a weekly show, and as part of the bigger picture.
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with talent and with a team
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page