We are looking for an experienced partnerships professional to help build out our Business Development practice at Splice. In this role you will work directly with the VP, Business Development with significant exposure to the product organization and our leadership team as you work to help bring additional value to current and future Splice users.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Help set the overall strategic direction for the Business Development team
- Manage both our existing sales pipeline and the development of new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in developing new-business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a sales pipeline for short/medium/long term in accordance with targets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks to achieve strategic goals
- Motivate the team, track performance, and report metrics
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select deals in line with strategies, and facilitate pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in business development or closely related field. Strong preference for someone with experience with sales and partnership management.
- Implement processes and frameworks that leverage data to make more informed business decisions
- Ability to execute on the task with a forward thinking mindset of the future
- Advanced Excel knowledge with robust modeling skills with the ability to manipulate large volume of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, highly organized, and resourceful
- High standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Ability to appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critiques
- Previous M&A experience or knowledge of the music industry a big plus
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.