Robot Heart Foundation is seeking an experienced Executive Director to join their team. This full-time position is 100% remote, with the ideal candidate located in the New York area.
Robot Heart Foundation, Inc. (the “Foundation”) is a 501c3 public charity with deep roots in the Burning Man community, dedicated to promoting the arts.
Robot Heart is a collective of doers and dreamers, artists and entrepreneurs. Their home is in the desert dust of Burning Man, and the streets of New York City, Detroit, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Europe. Home is wherever the Heart is.
Robot Heart is a community, and their events at Burning Man, in New York and around the world are an extension and celebration of that community, bound together by shared values of inclusion, giving, environmental responsibility and mutual respect.
Music is their first language, and their mission is to bring love and beats to the world. They work with and support artists, technologists and visionaries of all types in order to create incredible experiences and connected moments.
The Foundation is overseen by its Board of Directors, its corporate officers and its operations are managed by a core team of volunteers with deep expertise but limited bandwidth (the “Domain Leads”).
The Foundation is seeking its first Executive Director to lead the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and assist the Board and core team in developing and executing future strategy. He or she will be responsible for carrying out the mission, vision and values of the Foundation and representing the Foundation to both internal and external constituencies. The Executive Director will work closely with the core team to at all times ensure that the Foundation is staying true to its mission while exercising fiscal and operational discipline while liaising with and coordinating the activities of project teams comprising volunteers and vendors.
● Work collegially, responsibly and responsively with the Board, officers and Domain Leads to carry out the mission.
● Plan, direct, implement and evaluate the Foundation’s day-to-day operations and ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with applicable laws
● Develop the budget and oversee prudent financial management of the Foundation’s funds
● Support fundraising efforts, which will be led by the core team, including:
o ensuring fundraising initiatives stay on track
o attending fundraising events
o builds and maintains long-term relationships with key donors and potential donors
● Oversee the Foundation’s programs and provide scholarships and grants and evaluates the effectiveness of past programs
● Work with and liaise among Domain Leads and diverse project teams to ensure consistent communications and flow of information and enforcement of policies around approvals and use of Foundation funds or assets, such as the Robot Heart brand
● Communicate clearly, compellingly and consistently about the Foundation’s mission and goals
Qualifications and Experience:
● A seasoned leader with 10+ years of management experience gained in a dynamic, mission-driven, early stage organization
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
● A high degree of organizational skill
● The ability to manage artists and volunteers effectively
● A past attendee of Burning Man
● Strategic Vision: able to step back from day-to-day activities and view the community’s needs from a holistic perspective, see the bigger picture, trends, opportunities, etc.
● Communication/Personal Impact: projects through actions and manner a favorable impression of personal credibility, professionalism and integrity
● Conflict Resolution: recognized potential areas of conflict and intervenes quickly to diffuse the situation, works with parties concerned to reach a consensus or compromise, and does so to the benefit of the organization as a whole
● Teamwork: seeks opportunities to work with others on projects and uses teams to address relevant issues. Solicits the opinions of others (in particular the Domain Leads) and modifies the outcome based on information gathered from multiple sources
● Commitment to the values and beliefs that embody the Foundation’s vision and mission, including attending Burning Man as a hands-on member of the Robot Heart camp
● A reverence for the history and roots of Robot Heart
● A sense of stewardship and developed perspective on the role of foundations like theirs, including sensitivity to the interests of their immediate and wider community
● Comfortable working with existing leadership, who will have ultimate decision-making authority
● Keen intelligence; a fast learner with a quick mind
● High impact, low ego executive who thrives in a team setting
● An individual of unquestioned personal and professional integrity
The compensation for this role is $140k-$200k depending on experience.>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.