FUGA is growing and we are looking for motivated people that can help us excel in the ever-changing digital music and technology industry. Currently we’re looking to recruit a Principal Engineer.
- Work alongside and report to our chief architect.
- Spend roughly 1/3 of your time assisting the chief architect in overseeing the development teams on a technical level; 1/3 of your time consulting teams on technical matters; and 1/3 of your time coding, helping teams out that require assistance or development power.
- Formulate guidelines for FUGA wide development practices and oversee implementation.
- Drive new features for FUGA from end to end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iteration.
- Maintain and extend FUGAs music distribution platform, a digital music content management and workflow pipeline system distributing millions of albums per month to stores like iTunes and Spotify.
- Work within a product company, using modern technologies, diving deep into technical problems, writing clean code and doing things right.
- Informal working environment in the canal district of Amsterdam.
- Competitive package, flexible working hours.
- A talented engineer with a solid background in Computer Science and at least 8 years of experience in Java software development.
- A strong communicator.
- A confident engineer that thrives within a product company, and enjoys the challenges of building data intensive, highly responsive, and fault tolerant apps.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- The ability to drive or assist a team towards a clearly defined direction.
- Experience with: Java 8, Hibernate, Spring (Security, data, AOP, Spring Boot), Docker, ElasticSearch, CI/CD, Microservices, Google BigQuery, Jenkins, MySQL, Git.
- Preferably, a passion for music!