You will support the VP of A&R & Artist Partnerships in designing and implementing powerful, compelling artist-driven marketing campaigns. You will work with the Artist team to help develop the promotional strategy around releasing artist-led/industry-led content in an effort to support company-wide objectives (e.g. first time visitors, new subscribers, etc).
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage artist, artist management and label relationships to develop and implement innovative artist marketing campaigns to drive user engagement & acquisition to the Splice platform
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify & source impactful artist partnerships in terms of attracting new audience/user acquisition
- Actively source and build relationships with new artists, managers, lawyers, independent labels, tastemakers, and gatekeepers
- Work cross-functionally to develop new ways to remarket & remerchandise pre-existing catalog
- Ideate creative ways to work with third parties to amplify & drive excitement around campaigns
- Work with Director of Artist Programming & Analytics to monitor the impact of marketing activities on core business KPIs
- Maintain proactive interdepartmental communications to ensure all stakeholders in a project are kept informed
- Direct artist marketing campaigns from initial pitch to launch and ensure maximum artist participation at every stage
- Spot digital trends, understand new technologies and social media behavior and align these with business objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions
- Participate in new artist pitch meetings
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music ie: Managers, Lawyers, Publishers, Booking Agents, Songwriters, Producers, Independent Labels & Publicists
- Passion for music discovery and the creative process
- Strong network of relationships with artists, managers, producers, songwriters, and tastemakers
- Experience in the music business
- Deep knowledge and passion for producer culture
- Able to own and lead on projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate is curious and self-motivated
- Candidate is passionate about new music
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.