Black Artist Database (B.A.D) is a community-based entity, centred around our database, which hosts a wealth of Black-owned record labels, artists, producers and bands. In addition to the database, B.A.D undertakes various projects and initiatives to uplift Black voices within the electronic music community & industry.
This role will support the Social Media & Communications Lead in the delivery of B.A.D’s social media & communications strategy. The Social Media & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination, maintenance and execution of activity on these channels. Specifically, this role will manage the day-to-day operations of the social media, email, and PR channels which will also include creating branded content for TikTok and Instagram Reels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – The Social Media & Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the scheduling and deployment of social media activity across all social media channels (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn).
- Conceptualise and create content for TikTok and Instagram Reels.
- Attend in-person B.A.D events and create and publish live content on our social media.
- Collaborate with Social Media & Communications Lead to plan & execute the social media strategy and calendar.
- Work closely with the Visual Lead and Designer to create branded social media assets.
- Regularly review analytics and report on social media performance.
- Monitor and research for new industry trends and news.
- Proactively engage with the B.A.D community, responding to social media messages, inquiries, comments and tags.
- Gather content & news from other B.A.D team members to be communicated externally on social media.
Other communications channels
- Maintain press & industry contact lists.
- Respond to media inquiries.
- Maintain records of media coverage.
- Gather content (internally and externally) for the B.A.D newsletter.
- Scheduling, writing & sending the newsletter and mailers.
- Maintain Mailchimp audiences and strategise the growth of newsletter & communication audiences.
- Proficient in Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and social media scheduling platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of TikTok and Instagram Reels, with the ability to film and edit content.
- An understanding of social media performance metrics with basic data entry skills.
- An understanding of email marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Slides & Sheets).
- Proficiency in online research.
- Must be based in London.
- Highly organised, strong attention to detail, and adaptable.
- Ability to learn and work quickly, both independently and in a team.
- Deep interest in music.
- Deep interest in new media.
To apply, please email us your CV + a short cover letter.
>>> Click on Apply Now to be taken to the application page.